Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Who's the one guy we can't be without?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 23, 2013.

?

Who's the one guy we can't be without?

Chris Johnson 18 vote(s) 41.9%
Jake Locker 4 vote(s) 9.3%
Michael Roos 9 vote(s) 20.9%
Chance Warmack 1 vote(s) 2.3%
Zach Brown 5 vote(s) 11.6%
Bernard Pollard 1 vote(s) 2.3%
Jason McCourty 1 vote(s) 2.3%
Other 4 vote(s) 9.3%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,137
    Dear god I hope so.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,970
    That just kind of proves my point though. With an offensive line with this much invested in it we should be able to put any decent back behind it and get good production. I'm not saying 1,500+, but 1,150 and enough to sustain a running game.

I fully expect CJ to have his second-best season as a pro, but he didn't all of a sudden get better at running, the blocking in front of him got better. How is that an irreplaceable player?

I'd make the argument that the offensive line as a whole is the most irreplaceable. We saw that last season.
    JR1980 high fives this.
  3. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,221
    I hands down agree that the Defense has great Linebackers like Ayers and Brown to argue the point. I also agree that CJ has his flaws and that the line is much better as stated, no doubt. I just can't see ANY other player on this team that is a seasoned veteran worthy of putting into that category or furthermore a pro bowl type of guy. He can change a game in a flash. Simply stated, take CJ away from this offense....and defenses would make the Titans pay horribly. Locker and a few good receivers won't stop teams from being crazy aggressive at that point.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,970
    Well my argument is that no one on the team is irreplaceable.

When I think irreplaceable players I think guys who aren't expected to ever have bad games. How often did Colts' fans go in to a game on Sunday thinking, "man, I hope Peyton shows up today." Never.

How many times over the last two seasons have we expected CJ to go off on a weekly basis? Very rarely. We might hope he does it, but expect it? Not really.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,970
    Actually, I take that back. Going by my own definition of "never expecting a bad game" I'll go with Roos.

We don't have anyone else on this team capable of playing LT at a reasonable level. Roos has done a really good job and never misses games.
    JCBRAVE and JR1980 high five this.
  6. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,969
    I went with Zach Brown
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  7. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,221
    Good point. I guess this season may give us all that answer. I am hoping that Wamack becomes that guy and I like our OLB's chances too.
  8. Mberglo Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $329
    I choose Pollard for this reason. If he's out, Griffen can't concentrate on center field and we'll be a mess.
    JR1980 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  9. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $673
  10. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171

Awesome!