Who's the "safe" pick of the Top 5 ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Jan 25, 2006.

?
  1. Reggie Bush

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Matt Leinart

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Vince Young

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  5. A.J. Hawk

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

interesting to see Matt in last
    everyone seems to think Matt is the most "pro-ready"

not surprising that Brick is in a commanding lead

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You did say "safe" pick.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ye, what's "unsafe" about Matt ?

i can see Reggie ... injury concern, short lifespan
    or Vince ........ (see above)

but Matt ? surely he can throw it away / not scramble
    PLUS he's tailor fit in this offense
    puzzling

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't know. Like we both said, sometimes he gives me a shaky feeling.

Upon further review, I was speaking more to the safety of the Brick pick than the uncertainty of Leinart.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

upon further review there is no such thing as a safe pick.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think there is any question that leinart is the most pro ready QB, but drafting a QB is drafting for the future, not immediate impact. I could easily see Cutler or Young being the best QBs of this draft down the road. And honestly, Cutler might be better from the get go just because if he goes to a team like miami who is pretty solid everywhere but the QB position, he will get his chance to play with a solid team around him.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Whats interesting is everybody is talking about the top 3 picks as being head and shoulders abover the rest of the draft, and I dont see it. Bush is a smaller back and wasnt even the everydown back in college, so there have to be questions whether he can carry an offense in the NFL. Great talent for sure, but can he take the beating, because he hasnt had to take the beating at USC. Leinart is smart, but he isnt mobile and he has average arm strength. Reminds me a lot of Couch coming out of college, the only difference is he played with the most talented team in the country and Couch was at a lower tier SEC school, but the physical skills are pretty similar. And Young is a great athlete, his arm is good, but not great, and the fact that he didnt play in a pro set offense and was able to just tuck it and run without having to really read defenses has to be a concern. Not saying you dont take the chance on these guys, but if any or all of them end up as busts or just average players I wouldnt really be surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar