Whose the biggest "name" player(s) the Titans cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Greenlawler, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What? Is there even a point to such rubbish?

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If you're going to spell out all the letters like that, you might want to spell his name right.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I don't have confidence in either one of these backs, (Lendale & Brown). Both leaders of the teams Bandaid Brigade. In the worse case, if Lendale runs into Brown during practice, we still have Moore and Henry in the wings.
    We don't have an RB on our roster that has played ON THE FIELD for an entire season. Lendale can't get his fat arse through training camp. Brown will be nursing 'something' before our bye-week.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The only ones on the original list that may be cut are nickey and rattay. The others have too much invested in them. Troupe could be a shocker, but I doubt it. And all three 3rd year WR are going to make the team.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

R. Williams will definitely be on the team. Ealy probably won't.

I think LenDale may get bumped to PS. Seriously-how many chances to avoid injuries does he get? They are usually related to poor conditioning as well.

Troupe may get booted- another Tyrone Calico.

6. Why cut Ben? I mean just because he is injured so what, so are most of the titans. He had flashes last year to where he could if healthy have a break out year. He can be solid if he wants to, but I don't see us cutting him. What happened to those 1500 yards lendale white is the man, people now? :moon2:

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Troupe may go, but not until after this season... no way do they give up on him before they give him this year to prove himself. Roby & Roydell have had too good of a camp to be gone this year, so Orr is looking like the odd man out. Ealy will stay on the PS - he's done very well and they'll let him develop another year there.

I could see Laboy going but not Olson... Titans don't give up on injured starters very easily. Backups are vulnerable. I'm not sure about Mahelona - I think he's too young to be cut, but if we bring in someone then he could be sent to the PS. Nickey is the special teams ace, and will stay based on that alone. Thompson I have no idea - he'll either be cut or he'll start or he'll be somewhere in between... he's the enigma of the group. I think Lendale will have the starting job in the middle of the season. He's going to have to fend off Henry over the next year or 2 to keep it, though.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is White even eligible for the PS ?

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

better then ripping on him like everyone else is doing, from what ive seen this season, he is playing well, he wont get cut.

10. jcbeerbarian

jcbeerbarian Guest

Mahelona will stick...he is much improved and its only his second year...they should cut Long, LaBoy, and Starks. Doesn't Starks have to serve a suspension for beating his girlfriend? or was that last year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar