Why all the money saving??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I personally believe it wasnt all just about the money. Cleaning house making alot of since with this all new coaching staff. They wanted a Vet QB who already knew the Offense and just happen to be cheaper. I would guess the plan is not to have him play, so why not cut Fitz and in the process save $. Same can be said with CJ. Money, attitude, team simply wanting to move on from CJ being the main guy on the team. All the rest is just good business. Why pay guys more when they will take less or dont deserve more?

I also agree that some of this money saving can be planning for the future. Wright, Casey, and maybe Locker will need to get paid next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

This is what we need, best wr in the game...also hesrd they were looking to sign messi as our kicker/punter

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Cristiano Ronaldo...

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We could sign Randy Moss again.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think we're just setting ourselves up nicely for the next few seasons. Locker (doubtful but have to prepare), Wright, Casey, Ayers, Morgan etc...could all be due for extensions or re-signings soon. Keeping all or any of these guys would result in higher salaries for every one of them.

Nothing wrong with prepping for the future a bit.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Nice for a change

7. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

they did offer verner 6 mil. he got his feelings hurt because nobody offered him 8-9 mil. he left for $500k difference in offer. while two other players have taken cuts to stay. dont feel bad for verner. its all about the money to most these guys. they give a rats but about any city they play for. its about money. fans get attached not players. most of the time.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the main thing is just paying players what they are worth. Also this is the last year that you can carry cap money forward to the next year. At least I think I read that somewhere.

We have a major ? with Locker. If he is having a great year then maybe you extend him during the season instead of waiting until after when we would have to franchise tag him. Maybe we try to get him to renegotiate his current deal now...pay him a few mil upfront to extend his contract one more year.

I doubt it is for any major move, but more just getting your house inorder.

9. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

That's what young people ask other young people when they contribute to a retirement plan.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Room to extend Casey, Morgan, and Roos if they want. It also keeps some options open for more free agents after the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar