Why aren't you guys furious? (Fisher vs. Munchak)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I feel the only way we draft a LB that high is if we plan on moving Ayers to DE permanently.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

We need a playmaker/game changer on offense, we have difficulty stopping the run, and our current MLB is literally made of glass. I would say that McCarthy is just having a bout of bad luck, but he has a history of this going back to college (the reason he fell in the draft). Its not even like he aggrevates the same injury, it always seems to be something different

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The answer should be obvious to you... Fisher was with our team for 17 years! He went 7 years without a playoff win. He lost 6 games straight in back to back seasons. He only had 6 winning seasons out of 17.

Fisher is doing well with the Rams because they needed a radical change there, and he needed a fresh start. We were in the same position... we just didn't make a very good hire.

In the end, the Rams will probably finish 8-7-1 which is classic Fisher. I'd definitely be happy as a Rams fan since that's an incredible improvement and far better than what I expected, but give him a couple more seasons and see what he does.

He will get the Rams to the playoffs... and go one and done.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't disagree. I think we should get him if he is there but I don't think the Titans will see it as a need.

5. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Nobody forces you to watch. You can watch Fishface and the Rams while sitting next to dbc and stroke each other's wieners.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I disagree. The lack of good Wrs especially deep threats held Mcnair back and the whole team. Not drafting Moss in the first place and then the injuries to Thigpen and Dyson and others.

Moss was exactly what those teams needed back then. A guy to take the top off the defense. We had the power running game, the great TE and when Mason came around a great possession WR but Moss was that extra ingredient that could have helped us win 2 super bowls.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Moss would have taken the team to an entire different level but 2002 was a prime example of what could happen once they took the handcuffs off McNair. Remember Justin McCareins? Not exactly a household name. Once Fisher allowed Dinger to open up the playbook, McNair had his best seasons with some very average WRs.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think Fisher is a good coach, but it was time to go. I feel like he got too comfortable and was more focused on building relationships with the media and his peers than doing what it takes to win. I feel like he quit on the team.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I am tired of Munch/ coaching staff screwing up basic things. Especially near the end of the game. You have to know that the refs have given you a first down. You can't afford to waste a down on the final drive. I think Munch has failed to manage some aspects of the game that a more experienced HC wouldn't make.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher may be better than Munchak, but why stick with a guy who can never win the big games?

I'd rather fail with a new coach than to keep a loser.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar