Why C. Henry will improve the Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by hrudy18, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

Even if Chris Henry fails miserably in the NFL, I still believe he will be a good draft choice. Why? I think the Titans understand they need players that will be motivation for the other team members. Look at their last two 1st round draft choices (Vince Young and Michael Griffin). Both of these players possess execellent leadership qualities, worth ethics, and they are quality role models.

I think there is a trend moving towards obtaining quality players with these types of attributes (Chris Hope and Kevin Mawae). If you get enough of these types of players on the same team, it will eventually rub off on the other players. It will also breed a "team" mentality and bring them all closer together. You can have a lot of great players, but they don't play as one team what good are they? However, if you have a bunch of above average guys who will play very well and as a team, you have something better than a bunch of solo all-stars.

From what the coaches have told us Chris Henry brings a strong work ethic and an excellent attitude. I think it's great to have those types of people on a team. Let him wear off on the other players who might be just doing enough to get by. He will serve as motivation to push a little harder and run a little faster. It doesn't hurt our team any to have those people in practice. We may never see him produce on the field, but I'm sure he will produce something we as spectators may never see.

If you are looking for the infamous "Plan", I think this is what they are striving for. I could be wrong, but I think Pacman has changed the team's way of thinking about what type of players they want to draft. I think the players mentioned above are the seeds to a new beginning and this is a team that will really start to shine over the next few years.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Its a good thought. I hope your right..

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It certainly helps... hopefully we'll get much more than that out of our round 2 pick, though. I'm still leaning heavily on Sherman Smith's surprising endorsement of CH - for him to have stepped up and weighed in to draft this guy means a lot to me. He had to have seen something more than workout skills and a good attitude. So far player observations are that Henry is fast and tough - only real questions for me are will he have the vision and patience to find the right holes.

But hrudy, you're right that he will help regardless. Titans definitely lost their backbone over the last several years. It's good to see guys like Hope, Griff, Henry, VY stepping in and re-establishing the right mindset.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Lets not forget Ahmard Hall in this dialogue.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I know - the FB is so easily overlooked. Eddie really struggled without LoNeal (and how has LoNeal's RB in San Diego looked lately?). T-Hen struggled his 1st year, then in comes Hall and T-Hen is a top 10 RB again. Granted, there's a lot more going on with the O line, too, but Hall had a LOT to do with our running game last year.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This isn't rocket science. You obviously want talented players with good attitudes over talented players with lousy attitudes or non talented players with great attitudes. Henry WILL NOT help this team much at all if he doesn't have the talent to contribute on Sunday. Hope, Kevin Mawae, VY and anyone else we want to mention are good players. Attitude is a tie breaker IMO, if two guys appear to have comparable talent you always go with the guy who stays out of trouble and has a great team attitude. Where you can have a problem is passing on a guy with better talent for a guy with less talent but a better attitude.

Here is the test, how much better are we with Lamont Thompson? There is a guy who seems to have a decent work ethic and gets along with everyone, has a good attitude.

Obviously you always want to draft or sign guys with great work ethics (not many vets in the NFL that are good players are going to have bad ones) and a guy who can be a great locker room guy who encourages, leads by example and such but how influential is a guy like VY if he isn't a player?

Pacman didn't really change anybody's way of thinking IMO. Pacman is tremendously talented and I'm not sure anyone could have predicted just how much of a moron this guy would be. Pacman was a very valuable contributor to the team even when he was a total jerk. If he could tone his attitude just a little bit (so he can stay out of trouble) he would be well worth keeping. If another Pacman comes along there will still be the temptation to take him. Griffin might be the nicest guy with the best attitude in the world but I doubt he helps us win games like Pacman could.

7. not only is he just a great fullback, but he is very fast and can get yards in a hurry, i would like to see us get him the ball more in the flats and upfield

mostly because pacman is the best returner in the league... yes he can do pick 6 a couple of times but griffin can also block punts for us

and hrudy18, i really hope that CHenry can produce a lot, but even if he doesnt what u said is true, and would be good for our team

8. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

Agreed. Ahmard Hall is another prime example of what this team needs more of.

Pacman is a great player, but he doesn't help us much by not playing.

We still haven't seen Henry's talent in the NFL, but he might not be a wasted pick either. Lendale has tons of talent, but fails to use any of it. His attitude alone has a negative effect on other members of the team (Maybe not all, but some). We will at least get some value out of the Henry pick. There might have been another person out there to draft, but we won't know that for a while. If Lendale fails to make it in this league what did we get in return?

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I wish that attitude would rub off on White. Lendale has incredible balance for a guy his size. I saw him do things even last season (but more often in college) that were amazing. He has nice body control. He just needs to work harder and put it all together. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Lendale really stepped up this year, despite all the criticism. He's a great natural talent, who just needs to work harder.

10. Trey

Trey Guest

With all that speed, power, and determination, he'll at least make a couple big plays by accident!! I don't think he'll be a total bust, he'll at least be a good change of pace back. Whether he's gonna be a star is still to be determined. I can't wait to see him in pads come TC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar