Why C. Henry will improve the Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by hrudy18, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Since the draft, I've wondered if the coaching staff truly has more confidence in the O-Line + Hall than any other area of the team.
    Because when you think about it, maybe Chris Henry isn't that good, BUT he does have great speed. All he needs is a few blocks and he can make something big happen within a blink of an eye.
    Sort of like Willie Parker was in his debut vs the Titans. Great blocking and missed tackles sent him to greatness over-night because he had speed.
    I said it earlier, and say it again - our running game this year all depends on the o-line. We've seen what Chris Brown can do behind a mediocre o-line, so with our revamped o-line he could be a monster IF healthy.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure if there was an issue regarding lockeroom presence and comraderie. most players have made comments that commend Adam for being a "team" guy.

While I agree that good guys with good moods makes for a healthy and wholesome ballclub it is only a piece of the puzzle

I think it's great to have a guy with physical and personal tangibles.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think we'd all rather have 10 T.O.'s than 10 Chris Sanders'.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just gimme a solid O-line, a hearty TE and 4 or 5 Vince Youngs

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Exactly Willie in a lot of ways is comparable to Chris.

1. College production wasn't outstanding.
    2. Very fast and shifty.
    3. Impacient (Willy is now but it took him time).
    4. Played on horrible teams in college.

Obviously WP was an UDFA and CH was taken round 2 and the considerable size difference but other than that they have similar skills and backgrounds.

I think C-Hen will need some time to adapt and learn to be pacient, run with body lean, and pass blocking along with they playbook and scheme of course.

I think once he can get the speed, scheme, and pass blocking down he can target his weaknesses like being pacient and running with good body lean and pad level and running with his head up will help drastically once he gets that down. All his weaknesses are correctable like Willies were.

Once he starts to do those thing naturally he will be able to use his natural ability and just play. Along with those things being corrected you will see his true power in his runs along with his great speed and shiftiness.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

In the South we spell 'patient' with a two ts.

I'm just messing with you ;). Spelling mistakes happen.

I happen to agree with your main point. A lot of backs, especially those with great physical attributes, run without patience. Experience can fix that, along with good coaching. It sounds like the coaches didn't overly like him in college, so he probably never got the attention he needed. Our coaches already seem to like him, and even if they didn't, they'd do everything possible to make him a better player.

I actually think the skills Henry and White have complement each other well. White has pretty good vision and nice balance and the ability to run hard and hit people. If he can teach any of that to Henry, that would be nice. On the flip side, as mentioned above, Henry has the work ethic that White seems to lack, so he could teach that.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

about this "quality" that you all seem to see in Henry...didn't he get suspended for fighting with his coaches????? i might be wrong but pretty sure that i'm right.

btw... spell check!!

8. cause his coaches are stupid and dont put him in, thats the only reason that i could see that it would happen

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'm pretty sure he got suspended initially for missing a class. That lead to a dispute with the coaches, which prolonged his suspension and cost him his starting position. The strength coach at Arizona pretty much laid the blame on the head coach - here's Sherman Smith's comments on it:

"When I went to work the guy out I knew that his personal workout was not equal to what you saw on film, so there has to be a reason why. As Jeff said, we did our homework, talking to the coaching staff there, talking to other people. As I related to the coaches, quite clearly, the kid had the ability; it was the system that kept him from being productive. As we worked him out you could see the power, the explosion, the quickness, and the hands. Man how come you’re not playing? So I talked to the strength coach and the strength coach laid it out real clear. He said this kid put up with a lot the past three years. He kept it together. He worked hard in practice. When he got an opportunity, he did the best he could, but it was a system in which he really had to endure some hardships."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar