Why delay the inevitabe ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Just being realistic with Hasselbeck. This may come as a surprise, but outside of TN, he's nothing but an aging veteran who is past his prime, and the thought of him taking the Titans to the playoffs this year is just not realistic. He's not scaring anyone going up against him (opposing defenses). Nothing personal, I know it sounds awfully mean, but I'm strictly considering his play on the field, and not how nice or cool of a person he may be. I didn't say that he was the worst QB of all time but as far as I'm concerned, if he's not taking us to the playoffs, I'd rather move on. I'd rather not scratch and claw at wishful thinking scenarios that may find him playing well for a portion of the season, putting us at a whopping 1-5 or 2-4. I'd rather not play him until he hits rock bottom and has nothing left (i.e. Kerry Collins). Call me crazy...

Locker may not go 17-0, but he'd get us closer than Hasselbeck ;)

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This sounds familiar to me. Back in 2009 after going 12-3 with Kerry Collins I told everyone how bad that guy was, and no one listened.

And whats with the 17-0? Who wants to go 17-0? I want 19-0

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

The days in which Kerry Collins was quarterbacking this team were some of the worst days I've ever had as a football fan. The frustration was at an all time high and he would not go away (Thanks coach Fisher!). The day he announced his not so long lived retirement last year, was on my birthday...I had not and will not ever receive a greater present. :cool:

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

17-0 is only the regular season record. Jake Locker will get us a win on our bye week.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Of course.

He will tell the team to suit up, take the field, and then demand a win by default after the "Bye"'s don't show up to take their punishment.

6. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Hass is a lock to make 9 million this yr. thats the only hangup, the FO don't want that much money holding the clipboard.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Actually that's false. That's what he made last year. He's set to make 5.5 mil this year, which is not guaranteed. They set the contract up this way for a reason.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

if jake starts you want a solid back because he puts himself out there. even if he made 9 mil next year it would not be bad to have a guy back there with that experience.

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Yeah, not saying we should cut him. He'd make a great backup. Just saying that they structured the contract that way so that they wouldn't be paying 9 mil to the backup QB.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Hey, Nobody has ever tried it. It just might work for all we know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar