Why did Dinger "Jet" ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Could somebody please fill me in on why exactly he left and Chow was brought in? I've got other questions in regards to this but it's tough when I don't know the backstory.

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

It was about more than just money. I think he felt like the Jets job was more high profile and would help lead to him getting a HC job sooner. I also think he felt disrespected because the Titans let his contract expire before offering an extension.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. It was the moolah and Dinger likely thought he would be more in the limelight in New York which would get him closer to a HC job sooner. He probably saw the problems with the Titans and the time it would take for them to become a contender again.

And some say there were some personality conflicts. Especially between Dinger and McNair.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It's no secret that I am completely enamored with Vince Young.

Do you guys suppose it ever occurred to Dinger that McNair was on the way out and a new prospect would be brought in? I loved the "ding scheme"...I like the aggressive approach to the passing game, the utilization of McNair in bootleg/shotgun ect... Chow's offense doesn't seem to be that at all...In fact it's a radical departure from gunslinging so to speak...

To me, it seems that McNair staying on is only benificial at 8-10 million if Vince Young is there, and the offense is built around Young's talents...

Leinart is real good...but at the same time it doesn't seem to serve the team well to pay big bucks to McNair if we are going with a pure pocket man...Now Dinger is out of a job and I am not convinced that Chow is here for the long haul.

Was Fisher unhappy with Dinger? Is there a possible scenario where Dinger could be brought back? How far reaching is this "rift" between McNair and Dinger? Seems Chow doesn't want to play McNair football and that makes me worry that Vince Young would be passed on...I feel we would trade slots with the Jets and take the Brick...

Also there is a perception that I've seen that Chow isn't big on Leinart? Where does this stem from?

Could "MAC money" be spent better in FA for defense?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think think there is any way in heck Fisher would take back Dinger even if the Titans had an open OC position.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

It also seems the guys on O really appreciate Chow's even, low-key approach, as opposed to Heimerdinger's loud, firey style.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the way the offense played they needed someone yelling at them

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Its funny cuz its true

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

You know, that's funny that you say that because I've commented more than once this season that Fisher needs to get pissed and stay that way...maybe even throw a clipboard...He's too cool...Honestly...Fisher needs some Cowher power.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Look at that! Do you see the fire? This guy is winning a Super Bowl.
    He don't need no stinking beard...:ha:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    OT-My Ben Rothlis"beard" is coming along nicely...:winker:
    ---------------------------------------------------

TJ- Why wouldn't Fisher want to work with him again?
    Fisher sides with McNair on this?
    What is the fuss about in regards to why McNair/Fisher and Dinger don't click? Also, is it true that Chow may be using the Titans as a springboard to a HC position at a Div I NCAA school?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar