Why did Dinger "Jet" ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I see this as a loyalty issue for Fisher. I don't think Dinger even gave the Titans a chance to counter if they had wanted to. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong but Fisher has a history of being loyal (sometimes to a fault) with his staff but if they go behind him, (like I believe Les Steckel did in looking at the Buc OC job) word is he shuts the door.

As for Chow, we'll see. He'll certainly not get much attention unless the Titans offense shows a lot more soon.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Shanahan just made Dinger the Broncos Asst Head Coach this week. He'll be the Broncos next HC unless they completely tank under Shanahan...which is doubtful.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Dinger wanted a HC job ASAP. He knew the Titans sucked, but Fisher was secure. Everyone knows that Edwards is more of a cheerleader than a headcoach...especially on Sundays when he can't manage the clock to save his life. So he took the Jets job knowing that Edwards would be on the hot seat if/when the Jets had a bad season. Dinger figured he'd step right in. Unfortunately Pennington got hurt, Martin got old, teflon Edwards bolted, and the Jets screwed him.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Kinda like his mentor Dungy?:ha:
    Good one Brian. Thanks.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Chow ought to change up his offense with some spread sets with some posts and crossing routes. Then he could do some tight sets stuff...
    He could call it the Smoke & Mirrors Offense. Mix some screens in too of course.

I miss that downfield passing game. What he does could work if he could just get some help on the ground. It seems that when the running game gets bogged down it just makes the passing game look so predictable and corners and OLB key on disrupt the timing of the whole damn thing. I can't believe I'm saying this but it's too consistent. Seems to me he lacks the desire to make adjustments. It all wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar