Why did the Titans draft Fowler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

A fourth round pick is very little value. You use one an a fullback and if you hit you won't need to look for a FB for 12+ years. Hes looking solid so far.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Besides Lo Neal (or as they call him on his Bay Area sports radio station out here, Lo-Lo) of course he's #1

But who is the next best Titan FB of all time?

Only one I can think of is Ahmard Hall the Marine

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hall was pretty good. Fowler will be better.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Fowler was a great pick, we just need to use him more............. A lot more!

He is one of only 3 draft picks from a year ago still on the team. 1 of them is on the PS and the other 5 are gone. Fowler has outlasted 2 of the 4 people taken ahead of him.

That alone makes him a quality pick.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fowler is getting middle of the pack type of burn for a FB, I think he's better than most so I wouldn't mind seeing him involved a little more. 73 snaps for him to this point isnt enough..

6. The Hammer

I think he is at 15%, should be over 25%

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

What's the thinking about not using him for a lead blocker for DM? By not having him there it gives DM more room to operate and pick holes?

8. The Hammer

The like TEs because of receiving a to help the OL look better than they are when pass blocking. It is not related to the run game.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

But they are bringing Kelly in instead of TE now, so how does that work? They know he isn't going to catch a pass, but Fowler might.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I would assume the double TE sets over FB are for exploitation of hat counts. If you are in a strong formation with TE on strong side you are gonna face a stack or be running to a side who still won't have enough blockers for the count.

2 TE allows the Titans to turn the run play to either side based on the hat count allowing for full exploitation of D formations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar