Why did we sign walker so fast?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We signed him so fast because someone else would have if we didn't. Duh.

Fred Davis is not a beast... and he is coming off an ACL as you've said. Why would you prefer him?

Martellus Bennett was signed faster than ANY free agent on the market, so why are you mentioning him?

Dustin Keller is still available because of his injury concerns.

We got Walker for cheaper than Cook and Bennett. Walker is the more versatile player of the bunch, and he's probably the best run blocking TE in the league. With Levitre and Walker, our run game is going to be so much better which, in turn, helps out the passing game.

Sorry we aren't out signing VY and Pacman like you'd suggest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Delanie Walker was the best TE on the market IMO.

He does it all

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

F&$K Jared cook.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

We're talking about cook as much as we talk about VY on here. Cook was a scrub with a lot of potential who never panned out: at least Vince won games, I can think of one where cook changed the game. Moved on already

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. PhillyTitan1

PhillyTitan1 Camp Fodder

wow still goin on about a 1 trick pony who every1 stayed away from except fisher and the over payin miami dolphins...oh and clev was interested...doesnt it say somethin that bears went for bennett we went for Walker eagles went for Casey b4 cook even got a call...lol....cook was what the 5 or 6 te to get an offer and teams like atl giants teams who clearly need a te and have very good qb's and systems in place already and they didnt even inquire about cook....why over pay for som1 who cant block or be physical when that is the position...wow love people who do fantasy football and kno nothin about real football

6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Well said. What we are over looking is that Cooke wasn't the sharpest bulb in the drawer. There is a reason he sat for years. Walker can handle multiple assignments and he "gets it." I can't wait to see the difference. Cooke will be all but forgotten in no time except for his one or two circus catches every season.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Am I the only one who feels that Walker's drops issue is being blown way out of proportion? I mean the guy is beloved in San Fran and has been considered one of their most reliable players. He was the guy holding down the fort until Vernon Davis finally got his s**t together. Someone who consistently drops key passes is not perceived as dependable.

I take him at his word when he says it was just one down year. I don't buy the excuse he used about it being because he was so focused on blocking but i do believe with some practice reps and jug machine time, he'll be just fine.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fred Davis is coming off an achilles injury not an acl.Better prognosis.

We signed Walker because they did not desire to spend $6-7M a year on another TE. Stevens is on a $3.5M a year deal and we used a 4th rd pick on Thompson. Walker gives us a TE-HB who can help our team in many ways and doesn't represent much risk.
    He is a good blocker out in space who can get safeties and corners which is a great help to CJ. The hope is that combined Walker-Stevens-Thompson can give us 75 catches.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Looking at Walker statistical you would like a higher career catch % for a TE but his yards per catch is quite good considering how they use him.

He has caught 58% of the passes thrown his way the last 3 seasons. He averages 11.9 yards a catch. He will catch a lot of short balls outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar