why do people like reality tv?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i havent got a clue. someone enlighten me.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

can't stand the crap and it is EVERYWHERE.

3. I don't have a clue. All my friends including myself hate reality tv. But apparently someone likes it because they still air the crap.

4. Fry

i think my most hated one is american idol, only because it has spawned so many other crap shows. that, and most of the "singers" on it are no talent hacks who are created because the media tells people to like them.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Have any of you actually watched a reality show?

The draw is that the people are like you and me. Any random person could be in the position. They are not actors or forced to do what they are doing they are just random Joe's trying to make a buck.

Anyone remember the guy on Survivor that went naked for a while? That guy cracked me up. Even funnier dude told the other contestants that he was not going to pay a dime of tax if he won. He won and a year or so later found himself in jail for being an idiot.

6. Fry

which is part of the reason the networks came up with the idea. they dont have to build a set, pay a cast or worry about writers. all they have to do is find someone who is willing to eat a bowl full of cock roaches for a few bucks and everything else will take care of itself.

:sad2:

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

People suck, and they like reality tv because it sucks. People will always gravitate towards something that sucks when they suck themselves.

I hate reality tv because I don't suck*. In fact, I hate just about ALL tv, because just about all of it sucks.

* I can prove it: I'm a Titans fan, I live in Hawaii, I'm a bass player, I can build just about anything and correctly to boot, I've never downloaded a James Blunt song and I have a hot chick roommate who lounges around the crib in her bikini. See? I don't suck. How 'bout you?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Next goTitans.com tailgate at Avvie's place!!! :brow:

He da man!!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Reality TV is ok. It's no worse than recycled sitcoms and all the other mediocre crap that fills slots.
    Actually, reality tv is more entertaining in my opinion. It's a choice between the predictable and unpredictable. I'll take the unpredictable I guess. But I don't watch much TV anyway.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Long drawn out explanations of why you "don't suck" typically means you do suck ...... :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar