Why Floyd Reese should be resigned.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I was just doing some research on this because I had a hunch.

One could say that in the salary cap era, the most important key to success as an NFL franchise is how a team drafts. Simply put, if you draft well, you can let some of your expensive players walk when their talents get too big for your cap and replace them with cheap overachieving rookies and younger players.

Since 1994, only 9 teams has had multiple ROY honors (defense & offense).

Arizona Cardinals
    Baltimore Ravens
    Chicago Bears
    Denver Broncos
    Indianapolis Colts
    New York Jets
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tennessee Titans

Of these 9 teams, only 1 team has had three ROY awards. Yes, you guessed it, the Titans. Floyd Reese has drafted 3 Rookies of the year since he's been the GM here.

If for nothing else but that, I think he deserves a contract extension.

Discuss:

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I like Reese and hope he resigns.. BUT.. wasn't it Adams who wanted the Current OROY.. and not Reese.. who was leaning towards Leinart?

3. We know Bud wanted VY. We don't really know anything about who Floyd wanted.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Floyd gushed a few times about Cutler. I think he was leaning that way.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I watch Floyd's All Access show every week, and he repeatedly said that basically him and Bud were in agreement. Every indication said Vince was his guy too.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

but without floyd's horrible drafts, we wouldn't have been bad enough to draft vince...

that was reese's plan...draft bad for 2 or 3 years and then get vince... :))

7. They say good things about tons of players. That doesn't mean they plan to draft them. Everyone knew that they liked Cutler, but not at #3.

8. See? It all worked out just like they drew it up... :ha:

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

When you are talking #3, #10 and #11 first round, I don't believe you have a huge talent drop. I am sure we would have moved down a few to get Cutler if that was the plan though. Reese and Fisher both saw and coached him at the Senior bowl, I would think they were impressed. Fisher even told Shanahan he was worth it, and Denver moved up to get him.

10. You don't think there is any significant difference between the #3 pick and the #10 pick? Huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar