Why I think the Redskins ultimately control the 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2015.

?
  1. I think so

15.4%
  2. I dont know

15.4%
  3. Who cares the pick should be Leonard Williams regardless

69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Washington Redskins over the years have been as bad in the draft as anyone, as a result it has left them in need of more good players than they have draft picks. Because of this I expect the team with the 5th pick to have their pick up for sale.

Washingtons 5th overall pick is a lot cheaper to obtain than the Titans 2nd overall pick. On the trade value chart the 5th pick holds a value of 1700 points, the 2nd pick is substantially more expensive at 2600-points. For a team interested in moving up to say draft Marcus Mariota its a lot easier to move into 5 than to 2.

The Jaguars picking 3rd and the Raiders picking 4th have already invested in QB's last draft. And Washington themselves have Robert Griffin who the owner has backed time and time again, Dan Snyder does not want to give up on a player who ended up costing him three 1st rounders and a 2nd (4 players). I expect they'll use this draft to recover from the events of 2012 and hope to flip their 7 picks into more picks.

Enter the Cleveland Browns. Everyone knows the Browns are another QB deprived team desperate for answers, but they're one of few teams with the firepower to move up the draft board and get them their guy. I dont think anyone's buying "Ken Whisenhunt likes Marcus Mariota at 2", and so know one will blow their first half of the draft moving up to get when they can look at Washington and bargain shop. For Cleveland to move to 2 it would cost them 1200-points for their 12th overall + 470-points for the 43rd overall pick. For them to move to 2 they're looking at losing the same two picks as before, plus the 19th overall pick in the first round. For a team like Cleveland that's not ideal to overspend on a guy most around the league doubt ends up in Tennessee.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Honestly, that's fine...Then we stay put and take Williams or an elite player for years to come. Let them do as they wish.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

I know theres a few of us who are good with this being the case, Leonard Williams will do what Jevon Keasre and Kyle Vanden Bosch did for years and year, but you know good and well people think since St Louis flipped one pick into 4 then later to 8 starters we have to try to do the same...

4. JCBRAVE

Last year Blake Bortles was the consensus No.1 QB, the 2nd team picking wasn't taking a QB, yet no one made a move on him... I think we're looking at the same thing here.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree with both. I think we stay put and pick at #2, i'm just not sold on who yet....I like LW, but I don't think that they are 100% sold on him like the mocks believe....

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I said this a while ago, great we have the 2nd pick for an impact player but trade value falls in picks 3,4 & 5 due to those teams having newly drafted QB's.

7. JCBRAVE

There's nothing not to like about a 300lb DE, this is an enforcer, who on our team scares people? Not even Casey gets that level of respect.

We're desperate for a guy like Williams. Physically he's daunting, you line up vs a guy like that and you dont want to block him.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As long as there is more than 1 team really wanting Mariota we have a chance. This keeps our #2 pick as the most accessible means to obtain him.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'm not saying I don't want or like him, I'm just saying that I could see them taking someone else just as easily. Mocks are almost always wrong this early....

10. JCBRAVE

I dont see anyone else worth the pick. I mean I do like Daunte Fowlers game, but we got our OLB's in free agency already, and Webster has said pass rusher is priority No.1, to me that means make it easy and take the beast from USC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar