Why I think the Redskins ultimately control the 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 20, 2015.

?
  1. I think so

15.4%
  2. I dont know

15.4%
  3. Who cares the pick should be Leonard Williams regardless

69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The team that has the key in this draft is the Bucs ... its just because everyone is so sure they are taking Winston that we forget about them.

IF the Bucs took Mariota or Williams, then the whole top of the draft would be flipped upside down.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How can you guys follow this team so closely and think we're really in the running for Mariota? It just goes against so much.

Hire Lebuea, GM says we're targeting pass rushers, Whiz and his history with QB's, Mariota's lousy pro day trying to show he can drop back (he's bad at it), just doesn't fit to take the duck..

3. Thaddeus43

I'm glad we didn't get the #1 overall pick ... its so boring

4. Thaddeus43

Its not about what WE think ... its about what other GMs think.

Believe it or not, the other GMs don't follow this team very closely.

Fans tend to think that NFL GMs are experts and know what they are doing, but the fact of the matter is most GMs don't have a clue (at least when it comes to the draft) ... we see a lot of boneheaded moves (picks, trades, etc) by GMs for their own teams ... what makes you think the GM of another team has any clue what the Titans are doing?

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Good point, our own GM doesn't even know what we are doing

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Thaddeus43

You are right though, all the signs point to the Titans NOT taking Mariota ... but as we see every year, you never know. There are a lot of other factors and outside pressure involved in these decisions. Esp when a high profile QB is involved.

Plus GMs are just people, they can get their vision/judgment clouded and make some very questionable picks (happens every year)

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly what I was trying to get at. A team is either gonna trade with us or not. I don't think it matters what Washington does or is willing to do.

Williams is gonna be gone by the 3rd pick at the latest. If a team is dying for Williams then they need to move up to our spot. Mariota's draft slot is less set in stone but still if you want to make sure you get him you better move up to #2 (assuming Tampa takes Winston, which they will).

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Pressure could come from higher up that we need to take a QB to generate some excitement for the fan base (wouldn't be the first time ownership forced a QB on the GM/coach ... VY)

Maybe they aren't sold on Mett and they have no other option than to take the best QB they can get, even if he isn't ideal (wouldn't be the 1st time this happened ... Locker)

Maybe the feel the pressure for their jobs, and want a scape goat to buy some more time (we are all human and look out for #1)

Maybe see potential in Mariota and think they can "fix" him (again, this is similar to Locker)

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I get what you mean, and it makes sense. I think people are feeling like we signed Orakpo/Morgan and took care of defensive needs, Mett is unproven and 6th rounder, franchise is stale...etc

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really don't see how they can pass on QB. And I don't think they'll choose Mariota over Winston. But I would not be super shocked if they surprised everyone and took Williams.

Lovie is a defensive guy. They just released Michael Johnson. So that D-line is pretty sad outside of Gerald McCoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar