Why is Corey Davis starting?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

It obvious the talent is there, he just really needs to work on his blocking, route running and ball security. I think the offseason surgery and pulled hamstring have really effected his route running, he was a very polished route runner in college and has lost it now. Hopefully with time and health he improves in that area.

CD84 gonna be a beast....eventually

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

How are people coming to this conclusion? Maybe one of you is on the team, know the entire playbook and the routes he is supposed to be running as opposed to what he is actually doing, and find the time to post your analysis on this forum. But I somehow doubt that.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He needs to learn how to not hold that ball like a loaf of bread.. We got super lucky that he didn't get the ball stripped on that play.

4. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

I am not saying he never runs the correct route. I have watched replays and watched Davis, he has occasionally run the wrong route, but primarily he isn't running a precise route. Its easy to see when you watch him.

When a route is supposed to be a crisp 45% or 90% cut but its rounded off instead, you lose separation. This is what I am talking about, I am not claiming to have some sort of insider information. Just someone who has watched a lot of replays and focused on Davis.

I also watch his blocking, which also needs work. Pretty basic observations.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This week was better than last. He's coming along.

Blocking is bad tho which is strange cuz he's a beast blocker on NCAA tape

3rd down catch was clutchh

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He has shown that he can make the difficult catch. I don't understand why we haven't tried to hit him deep on a post route. Let him use his physical tools to go up and win the jump ball.

7. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

because the guy in my avatar would end up throwing it into the 3rd row

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Curious to know how many times he was targeted today, If I had to take a guess it would probably be not more then 3 times.

9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

He had 4 receptions...

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he caught 4 of 4 targets

perfect outing for him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar