Why is Dodds an outside linebacker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bec25, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bec25

bec25 Camp Fodder

I didn't suggest the trade, I just pointed out options. If the Titans keep Dodd at Linebacker, He will only be good for taking up cap space. He will be a backup and probably be lucky to be activated on game day. Remember, you replied to my thread. If you reply to others of my thread, please use your brain, scarecrow.lol

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Oh you didn't suggest the trade?

Omg I know his 1.5, 1.8 and 2.1 mil cap hits are going to break the bank over the next three seasons. BTW these are all rounded up numbers they're actually slightly lower.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The draft pick from last year that was spent on him holds more value than Dodd himself. By quite a bit. Almost no chance we would recoup the 2nd spent on him. Used draft picks are like buying brand new cars. Leave the dealership and the value instantly takes a hit.

Also rare for teams to move on this quickly given an injury. You're a year ahead of these types of talks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

This entire thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Give him more then half an injured year before we talk about trading him or changing his position. Look at the same pick #33 last year-- Landon Collins. Was the worst safety in the league last year and now hes a pro-bowler and playing like a top 5 safety.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. bec25

bec25 Camp Fodder

Hey, Sometimes it takes more time for people to see what I already know. Dump him like we did WR Green, or move him to end. Not to many pro bowl 280 lbs linebackers . You will see it my way by the end of next year training camp.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Blah blah blah........

Dude has a screw in his foot and now a hole in his head. He was dog-housed by Mularkey.

IT WAS A BAD PICK. Let's just move on from here with the PollyAnna BS.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

A 5th and a pack of gum. He's a speed rusher at best, and can't man up to a tackle to control the LOS. When he rushes he can take himself out of the play pretty fast. He had lots of talent at Clemson to make him look good. Bad pick, especially so early.

8. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Yeah, I mean cant really argue with this. Dodd, only started like 1 year in college, missed training camp. I didnt really expect much out of him, he was injured. It takes a while for most people to make a name for themselves in the NFL. Dodd has a pro bowler ahead of him, he wouldnt have seen the field enough even if he was healthy.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He had a sack against Detroit.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

275lbs is good for a 4-3 DE. It is puny for a 3-4 DE who should be 300lbs or more ideally. There are players who can be good in bursts at that weight. Klug for instance. But he doesn't start and is more of a pass rusher than run stuffer (though he does make plays in the run game).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar