Why is Dodds an outside linebacker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bec25, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Morgan plays at 260ish. Wouldn't surprise me if the staff told Dodd to lose some weight this off season. 15lbs isn't that big of a deal with you have professionals around. Y'all are making a bit more of the weight thing.

Given the injury in his foot he probably didn't have a chance for the weight loss. Going forward it could still be an issue... DL Dodd isn't THAT big a deal either if he could find some burst. Just makes the pick kind of a head scratcher

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I suspect two reasons for the Dodd pick. First, to give us a big SAM OLB behind Morgan. Second, to give us another pass rusher we could kick inside on passing downs ala Klug. Morgan has had injuries before and Klug is a free agent at year's end I think.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You have a winning football team which just made significant improvement over the previous season. Be happy. There's a reason why fans of winning teams don't lament over every bad pick. Every team makes them.

And despite what you all think, you know absolutely nothing compared to the numerous scouts who were very high on Dodd.

• Troll Troll x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea he can be sort of a hybrid or a package player. Just depends if he can stay on the field to really find that groove

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So Im confused. Youre saying the scouts know more but they all make bad picks. So if they all make bad picks, why am I not able to discuss it rationally like anyone else.

And btw, you don't actually know that a 'scout' knows more than me if you don't know what I have done or do for a living. Be careful with those kinds of assumptions.;)

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It wasn't directed to anyone in particular, just a general statement about people who are complaining. I'm a member of a GB forum, and there will be an occasional comment about a 1st or 2nd round bust, but rarely in the first year, and there certainly aren't 5 threads made about the subject (especially when so many picks are contributing).

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar