Why is Rex Grossman still a starting QB ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

Yes Orton is still in Chi.

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Ask Donovan McNabb!

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think Rex gets too much blame, nobody says anything about their offensive play calling either taking all or nothing. Not to mention, it seems every big posession they have, when they need to sustain a drive to keep their Defense off the field, Benson or APeterson seems to lay it on the ground at the worst time. Their Defense is great, but they play call almost as bad as the Titans, which gives their offense absolutely no rythm, and they end up putting too much on Rex. I hope they put Greise in, and I hope he gets drilled and booed too, they have more problems on Offense than just Rex, they should've kept Thomas Jones. Benson isn't the answer.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think you give him this season. Once they are eliminated, then you bench him. The Ravens made this mistake before. And they never got back to the superbowl. Grossman proved he could get you there, so you give him a chance to prove it again. It's not always about stats. It's about winning. When he's proven he can no longer do that, then you look at the numbers and make a call. I agree, Griese is no better. They both appear to be flash qb's. Some good games. Some bad. But Griese hasn't led anyone to anything. Grossman still has to be the man, and you have to remember, have the Bears had a better qb than Grossman in the last 15 years? Now that may not be saying much, but you have to understand the team culture, and the reality is the Bears have not proven they can do any better than Grossman. What makes anyone think that will change now. I say you let him prove he's stepped back before you pull him. It's not hard headedness yet because Grossman has had recent success as few as four games ago. It's a long season.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with this entirely. You have to give Grossman at least until the team is one game away from playoff elimination (6 or 7 losses) to be the starter. What happened to those few Florida-esque games he through up at the beginning of last season. I can't figure out why he can't become more consistent.

I also agree, Griese isn't the answer. If they are deadset on making a temporary change they should pursue one of the Tampa QBs or what about Volek??

I also think the Bears offense has taken a step back this season. O-line doesn't seem to be playing as well. They are feeling Thomas Jones loss a lot worse than we are feeling the T. Henry loss so far. Muhammad doesn't seem to like it in Chicago.

The Bears should give Rexstacy the year, and then draft a possible successor early in next year's draft.

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He's still starting because he's cute!

No seriously, he is a non-mobile quarterback who can't flourish. He has mediocre receivers and Cedric Benson runs like my Uncle James. Imagine what our offense would look like if Vince wasn't a mobile qb, we had no rb's and we had, well, we have the receivers that we do? I know, I know, sorry Brandon, you and Roydell are on the come up.

7. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

lol in a like my 9 yo nephew kind of way:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar