Why isnt Lattimore a no brainer with the 5th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Lattimore, like Hooker didn't come out of nowhere at OSU. To people that don't follow them they did, but people within the program knew they would be stars. When Greg Schiano arrived at OSU, within weeks he said Hooker would be a first rounder. Lattimore just needed to stay healthy. Also, they were playing behind some pretty good players.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

You know we can talk old drafting habits until we're blue in the face...... Robinson has proved he's done his thorough homework on players... And if there's a doubt in his mind, Hell be the first I'll get behind.

Fact is tho comparing Lattimore to Woolfolk is a very icky comparison and is an insult to the the Best All Around corner in the draft... and the combine will prove that

Robinson has proven that he's not quick to reach for the no stamp on 'one years'

Kevin Dodd was only a 1 year starter... (and the rookie injury and etc aside, another topic for another time) and he was basically our 2nd first rounder.. (33)

3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The reason Lattimore isn't a lock at #5 (or any CB for that matter) is because there's actually a solid number of good corners in this draft. There are other positions that are much more shallow that I'd prefer to see us target first. ILB being the first one that comes to mind.

CB at #18 though would be just right.

@Broken Arrow - your dream draft would be perfect.

4. Broken Arrow

I agree.

I just can't see the BEST ALL AROUND cb making it through the sharks... (Nyj, buf, no, and ari....)

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

If his health checks out, I got no prob taking Lattimore at 5 and see who drops to 18.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem with Tabor and Wilson is that they are liabilities in the run game. Tabor is an ankle biter but Wilson - who is a BIG cb is one of the softest run support cb's Ive seen in a long time. He does not hold contain and force on the outside. Watch the 'bama game and see how many big runs go because he gave up his responsibility and doesn't fight thru blocks.

With our tackling problems in the secondary, this should scare you!

Lattimore is very good against the run and pass.

Combine may give some of these guys some separation though I think Wilson will help himself with a big combine!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem is, does he have top 5 skills and ability. I reserve top 5 picks as pure blue chippers. To me, Lattimore is a top 15 pick and in an avg draft probably goes between 10-15. But this isn't an avg draft as some very important positions are fairly lacking (QB, LT) so some players will get pushed up. Doesn't mean he's not a good player - he is - but he doesn't look like Revis.

I expect...unless there is a player JRob REALLY wants at #5 (and doesn't think he could get at 10-13)...that we trade down with that pick. We could lose out on Lattimore, but there are plenty of very good players to choose from there (assuming we grade them as first round picks)....another cb like Sidney Jones, Williams or Davis at WR, Hooker or Adams at S, Howard or Njoku at TE, Foster or Davis at ILB, Barnett or Lawson at EDGE, or an out of nowhere pick in a guy like Cook! Some of these players will make it to 18 too!

8. Broken Arrow

The reason any other CB than Lattimore would be a disappointment imo..... Lattimore is complete. He's good in the run, good movement, great in press, great in zone.. He's the specimen corner that fits into lebeaus offense. Lebeau has proved that he likes to leave corners on an island ALOT.... Lattimore is the perfect add in for that mixture.... Marlon Humphrey? And good god I'll be worrying every game all game...

The more and more I explain it.... The more and more I want us to take him higher... Unless we can guarantee we can land him BT 10-13.….

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Even tho we absolutely need the cb, I'm pretty positive we can get a strong one at 18 or with a trade down/2nd.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Who knows. He makes more sense than Mike Williams or Jabrill Peppers. But, the secondary is in a mess, and the team is ready to win now with the right additions. If they bring in Eric Berry to provide him with a security blanket as he's learning, and a solid #2 CB, I'd feel good about the pick. But if he's out there with their current cast of characters, that's not enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar