Why isnt Lattimore a no brainer with the 5th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

FWIW- Offenses often don't block CB specifically because they don't believe they are good at tackling lol. "We block Safeties not Corners"

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

EXACTLY why having poor tackling or cb's who don't understand force/contain responsibilities and you don't need to fake them out or even run them over.

Considering we saw a lot of whiffing with our S's towards the first half of the season, getting poor run support cb's would make me awfully nervous!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Yea I'm not saying it's an issue to overlook, but it is how defenses scheme lol

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

16387427_10156159292739988_5451773556194496813_n.jpg

This gives me an inkling he's definitely over the plate.

5. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

draft Lattimore at 5 and Hooker at 18. Would immediately fix this secondary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clark

Even with Hookers injuries - he won't be available at 18 imo

7. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Drafting the right player is more important than saying hey, here's four guys with similar talent, trade down and 1 will be available.

If we'd have done that last year the titans wouldn't have gotten Conklin. Trading down only makes sense if you can do it AND draft the player you want.

There is only 1 Conklin and there is only 1 Jalen Ramsey titans need to get the player they want and not dilute the draft by getting 2 margin guys for 1.

The titans had a plan last year and it worked.

#37 14u2ponder, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Clark

It's a tired story but yes the patriots way to draft is based on acquiring draft capital while still burning some to get your guy. Doesn't really matter if the trade costs a bit more because you trade down to acquire extra first.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

One thing I must say though; Byard was much better in Run Support in the 2nd half of the year. He also saw more PT in the 2nd half of the year as well. I really believe he will develop into a great Safety for us.........

That said; I agree we need complete CBs no matter where we take them. They have to be dependable against the run as well as the pass. It is shocking to me that CBs are so hard to find that are good against the run. The college game is still very much run oriented. We have seen the game take on a much more common passing attack than in past years. However, there are still several teams that lean heavily on the run for success.

I really want us to be aggressive in pursuit of a top FA CB. I know we MUST draft a CB in the 1st regardless of the FAs we bring in at the position. It is a premium position that we are sorely lacking quality depth at. We are fortunate that this draft class is very deep at our positions of need; other than WR.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Many of us thought the same thing last year and when did we draft a CB?!?

Don't be shocked if we go a different route though I believe we will land one of the 'big name' cb's in free agency...even if its a Logan Ryans! Depending on what the Titans do, they could wait til the 3rd for CB but then they better get some impact in free agency and from the picks before that. If we spend two premium picks and get the production of Henry and Dodd last season (not Henry's fault)...woe will be us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar