Why keep Rusty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Rusty had a qb rating over 100 in the first preseason game. Locker had like a 70.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Rarely ever? Well, if that is true then this is one of those rare occasions. So much so that i suspect you know better and are just being sarcastic. If you are sincere, dont lose hope brother, there are support groups for people like you.

Just keep believing in yourself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol tylerr Wilson dude whos number 4 qb on the raidas

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we're going to tank mid season then Rusty Smith is our QB, that's why we keep him.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If we get rid of Rusty what will xpmar9x do for an avatar?

In all seriousness it is now probably time to move on from the Reinfeldt/Fisher/Dinger experiment that is Rusty. Would like to see them grab someone once final cuts are made.

Besides. Even if Rusty were any good I doubt he would be able to play much. I mean look at him. Guarantee he gets a bad neck injury. Only a matter of time if he played regular minutes.

[​IMG]

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm aware of that. Your point?

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Everybody knows I'd still love to have VY back but Rusty has consistently improved over the years. He actually looked good out there slinging the rock and to be honest, I'd like to see him in some live action (not over Locker or Fitz, but if something drastic were to happen).

Rusty has surprised me.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Packers had a strategy like that started by Ron Wolfe. Even though the had a young (back then) established starter in Brett Favre. Some of the guys to come through included Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell. All solid starters at least for a period of time.

Furthermore, if you develop someone good (or can convince people he is good) then you have some nice trade bait. Teams will give up a lot for a chance at a starter. Some of the backup QBs I remember being traded for first or second round draft picks include:
    • Rob Johnson
    • Matt Hasselbeck
    • Matt Cassel
    • AJ Feely
    Not a bad investment if you can turn a 5th round pick into a first or second round pick a few years later. Unfortunately the Titans have not agreed. The only QBs I can remember them taking who were not in the first round were Rusty Smith and Kevin Daft.

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I am a believer that his spot could be used better elsewhere, but you would think they would have already cut him if they thought like that. I guess with Locker's injury history it makes it a worthy investment.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

You saying even though he's inactive he can still play the same game?

I don't think that is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar