Why Mike Munchak will be coaching this team in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Dec 20, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As we enter the final two weeks of the regular season, which are once again meaningless for us, we are all crossing our fingers that Munch is gone come January. However, don't you worry, he'll be back. And here's why:

1. He has one more year under contract
    2. We are better than last year
    3. Rankings in both offense and defense have improved
    4. We are 4-2 with Locker and 1-7 with Fitzpatrick (which means the FO will say all was perfectly fine with Locker)
    5. Bud died at the worst time possible... we brought in Gregg Williams as an assistant for a reason - so that he could take over as interim HC if Munch needed to be fired. Bud would have fired Munch by now and definitely would by the end of the season.
    6. Tommy Boy likes Munchak and has known him throughout these 30 years. He'll give him another chance and let him finish out his contract.
    7. What coaches do we really have a shot at if we fire Munch? You can say Lovie, Gruden, Cowher all you want, but those are not realistic options.

In regards to #2... If you don't believe that we're better than last year, you're an idiot. I'm not at all pleased with our performance, but must I remind you that we have only lost one game by more than 20 points this season? Last season we lost not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but six games by 20+ points. This year we basically gave away five games to the Texans, Chiefs, Jags, and Colts (twice). The fact that we've come so close in so many games will lead the FO to believe that we are headed in the right direction and that next year will be a huge step forward.

Munchak's 2-19 record against winning teams is enough to fire him without evaluating him anything further. Unfortunately, we're in the south where people are too nice. We're way way way too loyal. Fisher was the longest tenured coach in the league, having won absolutely nothing in the process (17 seasons). Trotz has been with the Preds since before Al Gore invented the Internet and is currently the 2nd longest tenured coach in ALL of pro sports, behind only Gregg Poppovich. What a joke Tennessee is when it comes to sports.

According to what I heard Chris Mortensen say the other day, Munchak is safe - especially if he wins the final two games... which probably means we will absolutely blow out the Jags and Texans, move to 7-9 (better than last season) and end up picking ten spots behind where we should have been picking. Even if we do lose out, the games will be close (because we're not getting blown out by these scrub teams), and everyone will say they're proud of our players for not giving up, and that it's a positive reflection on Munch.

Like I've been saying for the past month... we'll dominate the Texans in the finale, in a game that literally means nothing, to trick ownership into keeping Munch around another year. Munch took a page out of Fisher's playbook of how to keep a job in the NFL all while sucking. The same BS happened last year. We are a great team when nothing is on the line. We suck fat, sweaty donkey shlong under pressure.

Logically, it makes no sense to keep Munch around any longer, but we're the Titans... logic never prevails.

I just know this team too damn well... they'll let us down once again. Prove me wrong, Tommy Boy. Prove me wrong.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

**** you.

• High Five High Five x 11
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yea **** you RSB

Even if you might be right.

Butthurt

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I voted yes, because this is our luck.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

A more compelling case can be made for him not returning. That case also includes insight from local and national writers.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but from what Tommy Smith had to say last Sunday, I do not expect Munchak back.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I knew this thread would piss people off, but I tell it the way it is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Not if luck shines upon us and I find myself in one of Tommy's "focus groups".

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it didn't piss me off. I sat there and laughed at your whole post.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

wow

such courage

[​IMG]

much honest

so brave

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

such bull****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar