Why not John Ross?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I had to go back and watch. He looks like a 4.2. Again his qb didnt help him much. I honestly didnt see him struggle against press coverage like so many observers like to claim. He so quick you cant really get your hands on him

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wright, when given the touches, was always consistently our best WR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, Browning had a habit of underthrowing him...which for a 4.2 guy...somewhat expected when you don't have a huge arm. I made the point several times that Ross was open a lot deep by 5 yards and even with an underthrow, could still get the TD. Against a team like Bama that can play 2 S's back and has fast cb's...1 yard is a lot deep and Browning didn't have the time or accuracy or arm to get him the ball!

I remember watching him run back a kick return and fly towards the other side of the field. Looked like CJ speed, but in that league...lots of 4.4 guys look super fast so needed to see what he'd actually run.

Yes, he's that fast! With his medical history, I would not let him return kicks except for maybe the playoffs!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Because this past season - without DMC and mostly without Wright - we aired the ball deep quite a bit to Matthews...who's a snail compared to Ross!

The thing about that kind of speed is most secondary players take bad angles because they aren't used to someone being THAT much faster than them. And when you take a bad angle...he's gone because no one can catch him. Easier to turn a 7 yard slant into a 75yd TD!

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah...watching Adoree Jackson think he was gonna press and run with him all night was short lived when he gave Adoree and little shake and bake at the line and Adoree tried to turn with him and tripped over his own two feet (because they werent keeping up with Ross'). OF COURSE, the S had NO SHOT at reaching the sideline so it was an easy TD. The funny part (besides them replaying Adoree tripping over himself at the line of scrimmage)...was the look the S gave to Jackson like...COME ON, MAN!!!!

Adoree played well the rest of the game...by playing off coverage and they played a LOT more zone after that!!!

That's what that kind of speed can do to you!

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Titans were well represented at Washington pro day today

7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Kendall Wright caught dam near 100 passes a few years back. I would think 4.2 speed could be more effective in space than behind the line scrimmage. I personally would be happy with John Ross if we moved down a bit or definitely at 18. If he ran 4.22 with prior knee injuries, I would take that as he's healed up pretty well. I have a gut feeling he will be a playmaker in the NFL. He's definitely a threat and someone who coordinaters have to account for. He could open up a lot of things on offense.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Wonder if Ross's knee circumference would pass the chip Kelly test?

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Half the highlights I've seen of Ross are him being badly underthrown, having to slow down for the ball, and then having to shake and bake to score what should have been a walk in TD.

He's definitely a playmaker. Speed to burn and lateral movement.

I'd be concerned that mariota may not be able to put enough air under it to take full advantage of all that speed. But I'd be stoked with such a pick.

The main concern is, of course, his injury history.

10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Browning is the true noodle arm. Funny cause earlier in the season when Mariota was adjusting to the new O some people in the draft forum were hyping browning up.

Guy floated every single deep throw to Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar