Why not Revis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Is he a shell of himself? Absolutely but we all thought mcCourty would be on this roster as a vet leader. We still need that and I absolutely take Revis over McCourty even now, especially at half the price. I think him opposite Ryan with Jackson at slot and Sims as backup is the wise thing to do. If he doesn't perform well at camp then u can cut him. But I can't imagine why he can't be this year what Andre JOhnson was for us last year. Jets still owe him money so he is going to come very cheap. Rumors are 2 unidentified teams are interested in him and I hope we're one of them.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He won't be cheap and he sucks now

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

He does not play special teams

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Signing old washed up players that are shells of their former selves rarely works out.

And maybe WE thought JMac would be on the team (actually I thought all along he would be cut, but I digress) but the FO certainly never felt JMac was in their plans.

The FO is obviously looking to get younger and better, not patch up the secondary with old washed up vets ... again, if that's the route they wanted to take, then they wouldnt have cut JMac.

5. Thaddeus43

We have invested in the position, and really need to develop what we have. Sims earned a shot to start last year IMO. Obviously Jackson will compete for that spot, or end up in the slot to start out with. No one is likely bumping Ryan this season from the other spot.

You say he could he this year's AJ, but AJ didn't do anything but steal reps from younger guys for a few weeks until he was gone. Waste of time IMO. Wasn't until he left that Matthews was really able to come in and shine.

If we were gonna bring in an old guy, I'd much rather bring JMac back as a cheap BACKUP, than bring Revis in to START. Don't want someone stealing reps that isn't in the plans for more than half a season

6. Thaddeus43

Randy Moss
    Eric Moulds
    Steve Hutchinson
    Andre Johnson
    Hakeem Nicks

#6 Thaddeus43, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Exactly, like I said

[​IMG]

8. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

AJ didn't do anything? I recall him winning a game for us vs. Detroit almost at the buzzer. I also recall him doing it again vs. the Raiders but refs made an awful call. Johnson was a solid vet to start the year for us. My thoughts is that Revis could do the same. He def has something left in the tank. I'm all about going younger but vets are needed to help bring a young team to the next level.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]
    https://gotitans.com/threads/potential-2017-roster-bubble-players.97295/

We just cut an under performing CB, we are not in the market for Revis.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Revis won't come here unless we overpay him. He's a financial genius look at the money he's made the last 5 years it's insane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar