Why old people should not be allowed to drive.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

http://www.14wfie.com/story/13963993/car-drives-through-evansville-restaurant (I meant P.E.O.P.L.E. in the title. That spelling sounds stupid now that I spell it out.)

Question at hand: Who is a bigger threat to our society, terrorists or old people driving? I'd like to see the statistics.

This is in my city. Nowhere is safe from their tyranny. I'm glad we don't have age discrimination in our country!!:rolleyes:

8 people sent to the hospital, 10 injured. I would personally go kevorkian the old man if it were one of my family members.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You might wanna fix that title before the spelling Nazi makes his rounds.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

you can't correct titles. I'm in too much of a tizzy of outrage to care about spelling.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You forgot to add women into the mix.

5. nickmsmith

Women are hazardous on the road, Old people make it to where you can't be safe inside buildings!!! When I used to work for the local news station, once a week we'd get a story in similar to this. Seniors mix up the gas and brake pedal. Ridiculous. cut them off.

I've had an old man cut me off, merging right in front of me going 30 and I was going 60. He swerved in front of 3 lanes of traffic to get there. He was lucky we both weren't killed. I'm still young, at least he had a good run.

I used to work at a retirement home. Some old people are the greatest humans I have ever known, but they cannot be trusted with machinery that can kill. The smart ones realized it was time for them to give it up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

My grandmother once picked me up from practice before I had a car, and she drove on to the freaking field! Then on the way to my house, she hit two other motorists. She is scary behind a wheel.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You've also got to take into account slutty teenage drivers. Watch out. They go about 100 on the interstate, driving with their knees while txting.

Girls between 16-23 years old have to be the worst drivers. It's gotten so bad that I refuse to ride with a girl in a car now. Too many near death experiences to risk it.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Imagine living in South Florida for 25 years where 50% of the driving population has blue hair. Every 5th driver spent their first 60 years using public transpo in NYC then moved to Ft Lauderdale and got their first drivers license. Top that off with traffic 10X anything we see on the I65 corridor. It was a freaking nightmare!

Old people protocol for when you honk your horn at them: SLAM on the brakes! Oy vey..

I used to tint windows years ago and one old geezer came in and got his Olds88 done up with AT5 film - the darkest stuff you could get at the time. So dark it's banned in most states. Well the next day the guy comes back saying the film still wasn't dark enough and pops open the trunk, pulls out a dozen cardboard boxes, and says "put the cahdboard in the winduz - put the cahdboard in the winduz!"
    So we had a laugh and put the cardboard in the windows (tinted his entire car with cardboard).. Dude drives off the lot, blind as a bat and gets right in an accident..

If you're driving in SoFlo and you start seeing signs for Century Village (housing for old folks all over the state) look out for bad drivers!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

"the Old People hate our freedom" -George W. Bush

10. JCBRAVE

Exactly this

Be careful in the Fort Lauderdale area. Old people will kill you by accident!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar