Why old people should not be allowed to drive.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how old is old :brow:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:rotfl:

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That is a question that needs to be asked, legally.

I would say you aren't there yet. You've got awhile until the "Dangerously old" label applies. You know what a keyboard is, and how it works. My mom is 55, owns her own business, and hardly knows how to operate a computer.

I would say after like 65-70, or showing signs of alzhemer's people should have to demonstrate some set of skills to retain a license, every few years, and after any sort of accident deemed they are the cause.

Age in itself isn't really good indicator, because some 70 year olds are perfectly "with it." It's unfair to them, but it might save their grandkids someday from getting pinned under a car eating at Steak n' Shake (to bring it full circle.)

Heck, if young people have a certain amount of accidents, they should have to prove they are safe to be on the roads.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In CT where I live, you only have to pass one driving test your whole life. After that, they'll keep reissuing one every 6 years.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When you begin a sentence with "Back in my day..."

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's the same way here. And I think most of the U.S.

It's called "age discrimination" if you make old people succumb to more testing than anyone else, and there are lawyers that would sue your @$$ off if you tried to do otherwise.

I mean, they have a point. If you give up freedoms for one thing, others are sure to follow, but in this case, freedoms very well may hurt innocent people. Driving with a bad brain and eyes is just as bad as driving with beer goggles on, if not worse. They need to start pulling licenses.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you think "texting and driving" includes a typewriter and a 72 Cadillac..

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Does it take you longer to rest than to get tired?

Have you stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle?

When you lean over to pick something up off the floor, do you ask yourself if there is anything else you need to do while you are down there?

Does everything you eat taste like cardboard?

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Excuse me, but I'm a great driver...don't even text while driving...might sing and dance a bit, but, hey we all have our quirks. :moon2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Depends on how old the person asked the question is...

Honestly, I remember thinking that 40 was old....now not so much.

For this, I would actually want to start requiring anyone 65 or older to take annual vision tests, and periodic (every 5 years??) driving tests to retain their license...

Now that will fly like those turkeys on WKRP, but I am just saying....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar