Why the hate on Reynaldo Hill and Finnegan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgood

dgood Guest

Hey guys...I just wanted to get your opinions on this. With the pickup of Nick Harper as the first stringer now....why are we so worried about CB still? Yea, we've lost Pacman for the year probably and most likely forever (I hate to say it but i think he will find himself more trouble somewhere along the way). But Finnegan proved to us last season he was an excellent player. Hill has had some issues once in awhile, but has done a decent job at the position. I think that we focus so much disapproval on our CB's other than Pacman because they cant cover someone for a minute or longer. No CB can. A WR will eventually find a way to get open. We need to get a better rush from our line and we will see that Hill and Finnegan can easily fill the 2nd and 3rd string spots on our roster. We Should not draft a CB in the first three rounds. Go with DE, WR, and RB. Any comments?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think too many people are hating on Finnegan.

In fact, he seems to be in the same position that Hill was at the end of last season.

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Six, got his name for a reason, because when you throw to his side it's six points.

Finnegan is good, I hope he can step up and claim a starting role. He plays hard every play.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have Hope for Finn. Have not seen him in to much coverage though. Harper and Fin should be a solid group though especially if Hope is on Fins side for support.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Uhmm- because Pac isn't around. People gotta hate on someone.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

haha well said riverman

7. Erm, both are 7th round picks who are now the titans starters, I'm not sure?...

I can understand why people would hate Hill after the TD's he and Lamont gave away last year, but he was improving towards the end of the season...

8. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i love finnegan he's got a whole lotta talent, i dont like hill, he's slow

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I trust Finnegan more than Harper in man coverage. So what if he's young and hasn't played CB that much this year he has the speed, tenacity, and desire to be awsome. Harper is a bit overrated I'm gald we got him but a bit overrated I hope he proves me wrong but thats my opinion.

We have a reason to hate on Hill I haven't heard barely anyone hate on Finnegan. Hill is no better than adequate last year so thats reason to hate he didn't improve for last year and has zero ball skills thats reason to hate. So what if there 7th round picks Finnegan can play but was at a small schollthats why he dropped. Atleast Hillwas a 7th rounder and better than most thought.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hill went from jumpin routes too much to not playing the ball enough. His tackling improved a bit, but Peee-uuuuw, it was bad his rookie year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar