Why the Titans are who we thought they are

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Falling behind on the scoreboard doesn't help either....makes us one dimensional and takes the ball out of Sankeys hand.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree he's a ??.. As are Warmack and Hunter still (more disappointing than anything though)

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I am VERY unhappy to say that Webster will get to stay entirely too long. He will not be fired until the fatboy (Tommy) has no other choice. Hopefully seeing the fans leave nearly every game at halftime will force his hand to do the right thing.

I have been a Titans fan since before they were Titans and this certainly feels like the rock bottom for us. Even loosing to NE 59-0 did not feel this bad. I guess it is from such a long string of disappointment.

I don't know about you guys, but I need to see this team go nuts in FA and absolutely kill the draft. I know that is very unlikely with Webster in place, but man we need it. The Jags have picked up some pretty decent players in the past few years. If we do not step it up next year we will be looking up at them.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Sankey is vanilla. He isn't fast, he isn't strong, he isn't shifty. He will get you 2-4 yards and fall over. You can find UDFA to do that.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've got to agree. Sankey is good but not great. Good character guy but simply not a beast type playmaker.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not giving up on Sankey. He's hitting it up there, getting what's there and getting the extra yard when going down. He's just not getting much room to work except in garbage time.

I'd like to see him get the ball more in the flat the second half.

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Hopefully with Mett under center he can keep defenses honest w/ deep passes. Let's face is CBJ & Locker scared no one deep allowing them to stack the box. Help Sankey out with a little more running room.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Our line isn't helping Sankey. And nobody can deny that he does appear to have good vision. But his physical attributes are average or slightly below average for starting RB's.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nothing wrong with Sankey. Our O-line is getting a great push when running left. This is the one area where Levitre's playing well.

We can't get anything going when we run to the right unless we're in a jumbo package and then its Greene or Battle who get the carries.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mett has shown he'll sit in the pocket all day if he's allowed to, he's not scared of the pass rush the way the other two QB's we had are.. If Baltimore sends extra bodies, look for Mett to pick them apart. Personally if Im trying to beat Mett I drop my guys back into zone, rookies always seem to struggle with zone plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar