Why the Titans are who we thought they are

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Thats the reason why I'm so high on Mett. He sits in the pocket like a vet, doesn't rattle easy, and throws with accuarcy. Would like to see the ball out of his faster and better movement in the pocket.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

that all comes with time. the more he plays the better he should look

3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I'm fine going forward with Mett. Let's not forget he was a 6th round pick for a reason (more talented than a 6th round pick though). As long as I see improvement week to week from him.

4. JCBRAVE

Baggage and all yes he ended up being a 6th rounder, but if you break him down and look only at the football player, he's waay better than a 6th rounder.

His biggest red flag was a knee injury (guy cant run anyways, he doesn't even need knees), Im thinking that torn ACL was a blessing for Titan fans. Without the injury, no way he's ever there in the 6th for us to swoop in to draft.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Which attributes in particular? When he's in space, he seems plenty fast though hasn't broken many big runs yet which is why he only has a 4.0 ypc avg. I see him lower his head and get tough yards. I see burst and shiftiness when he's had space (which has been rare). The guy has a total of 75 attempts so far and is still learning the offense.

#75 TitanJeff, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Obviously subjective, I don't see remarkable power, burst or straight line (break-away) speed. That said, his best attribute is his vision. He DOES get that extra yard or two down-hill. His hands seem OK- but we haven't seen a lot of slip or bubble screens with him. Maybe we'll see something better if Whiz gets him in open space or our OL miraculously improves.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

I like the way he climbs the pocket calmly. The other two seemed very rattled when the pocket came back to them. They acted as if they didn't have an option to climb the pocket. Hopefully this will continue and Mett will pick them apart.

8. JCBRAVE

You know what I think happened with Jake not being great in the pocket... I think he spent all his time in the pocket counting in his head and thinking "when I count to 3 the ball needs to be gone". Doing that doesn't allow you to see whats really happening.

Mettenberger on the other hand looked at times like he wasn't even identifying the mike LB, he was just coming to the line looking around at the women in the stands. This savvy approach might seem negligent on his part, but it keeps him from thinking too much, he allows time for plays to develop.

I dont really know if any of this is true, but it looks that way. Mett has that confidence that he's going to make a play. I didnt get that feeling this year from Jake til the Cleveland game, and never from Charlie.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's sad that I feel like I can draft better than Webster & Scouts, who combined get paid MILLIONS to do it. Seriously, it's just a joke how awful this franchise is at drafting.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

this forum seriously has at least 5 guys who could become scouts

Ive always questioned our scouts, they get too close to the players and give Webster bad advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar