Why the Titans Will Be Good, or Terrible, Part 1 (offense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

they would still be in love tho.

2. Brandon Jones has caught just about everything that has come his way, I dont think that he has dropped a ball yet. But idk if he can get open enough.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

and they havent been the easiest balls to catch either...

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

when does part 2 comeout, i cant wait to read that!

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

RB: Chris Brown has shown he is very durable dispite his past and looked good against the second team Pats Defense with a 6.7 YPC on 10 carries. LenDale White wasn't impressive the first preseason game and rolled his ankle before the second. Chris Henry has big play ability but because of his lack of NFL experience and even substantial college play, the big plays he makes tend to be for the titan offense just as much as for the opposing offense. Dontrell Moore looked nice on 4th[?] team offense and has had one of the more elustrious college careers [of the titans' RBs] but hasn't translated to much in the NFL so far.

QB: well... look at my signature. haha.

WR: We have a lot of WRs. maybe too many. I suppose quantity not quality doesn't always work out. Courtney Roby, Roydell Williams, and Brandon Jones are all in their "mythical" 3rd year and due for a breakout season though B.Jones may be the only one who gets sufficient playing time to breakout. Eric Moulds brings veteran leadership and experience but thus far hasn't shown much production. Justin Gage showed a lot of potential in OTA's but hasn't shown much since then and it may or may not have to due with his lack of playing time with VY. The rookies are just that, rookies, with the exception of Chris Davis contributing to PR occasionally. Jonathan Orr has utterly disappeared from existence it seems.

O-Line: OL has had it's troubles in preseason but after adjusting to Kerry Collins' style of play in the first game then back to VY's in the second may have played a role.

Personally, i'd like to spell in Dontrell Moore on first team in the fourth game or something. I wanna see him play on first team. He had a nice college career... something like 1000 YPS [yards per season. in case you didn't get the on-the-spot acronym. lol.] in college and looked marginally good [considering he was against 4th stringers.] showed nice cuts and vision in my opinion. I'd also like to see Gage play a bit with VY. I'm not sure how much play he has gotten so far but i wanna see him nab a few from the man himself in the slot or something.

One Man's Opinion.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd like to see Dontrell get some 1st team reps he looks very good atleast some 2nd team. He looks very explosive and quick with above average vision. He's not the biggest but he is compact and could be a good change of pace at the least. UDFA can make it big look at Willie so you never know.

7. Can you explain why exactly this is a stupid thread? Is it because you cannot think for yourself anything to say about the team?

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Because we have played two preseason games, players are shuffled in and out, we don't use a lot of our playbook, defenses are putting 8 in the box which makes evaluating our running game useless and we probably haven't even seen our starting 11 on offense or defense yet. At this point you haven't even seen the "real" team on the field. Do an evaluation 3 games into the season and it's more believable.

9. That doesnt mean evaluating what we have at this point in time is useless by any means though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar