Why the Titans Will Be Good, or Terrible, Part 1 (offense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Well... seeing as all we have to talk about is 2 preseason games, I suppose we'll have to settle for analyzing what we have. "You don't post on the forum with the information that you would like to have - you post on the forum with the information that you have." :)

RB - I agree with TNThunder that it's too early to tell anything. Everyone has looked good in the 2nd half, no one in the 1st. IIRC, T-Hen had several games with under 50 yards last year... but he had a good year overall. It's still a question mark position though.

QB - I love Vince and think there is no way he won't develop into at least a good passer and maybe a very good one. But he stunk this weekend, and will probably have at least 2-3 games like that. He's still young and will be inconsistent. He wasn't the only one who stunk, though - on our team or Pats. On a night when Brady only throws for 53%, 2 INTs and a fumble with only 1 TD, Vince gets a pass.

OL is a good OL that seemed to not show up. Could be the 3-4... We often struggle there. WRs can catch, but either are still having trouble getting open or VY was under too much pressure to find them. Probably a bit of both. I happen to like our TEs right now. If Troupe emerges, I'd love them. Tired of saying "if Troupe", though. At least we know what the OL and VY can do - saw it last year and reports from practice indicate improvement from last year... I'll write this game up to a brain fart, and expect better against the Bills.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Yeah, he caught everything...even those 5 passes that he dropped.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This forum has been going on now for nearly a decade. Each of those years, we get the doom and gloom threads based on pre-season games. Or, we get the "we are a Super Bowl team" based on pre-season games.

Most of the time, neither hold water and are not a good indication of what we'll get when it counts.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

please don't try and use logic here..it is not wanted nor accepted :ha:

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i quit reading after 'two-faced'....

i'm also not too concerned about our 1st 2 preseason games.....

but if I had to single something out on offense that worries me, it is the lack of playmaking ability at WR.....

i doubt any of our WR's would be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string WR on any other NFL teams.....right now it looks like many of them can catch the ball if open, but catching the ball in traffic, or just improvising and beating your defender one-on-one, is too difficult....

I think we are going to see a whole lot of "the O-Line had superb pass protection until no one got open and the pocket started to eventually collapse so Vince had to flick it to Bo Scaife while two defensive tackles are hanging onto his ankles" type of passes this year...

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

sometimes i think your a colts fan in disguise, jones hasnt dropped one pass all preseason, and some of the catches he has made, have been tuff grabs.

7. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

so now that the pats put 8 men in the box, and vince didnt do anything agianst it passing wise, how do you think teams look at that. I bet they took note. and also its a realization to everyone that some of the players on this team that get praises need to stop getting them untill they prove something. There are only a hand full and a half that actually deserve any credit. Vince, Mawea(sp), Hope, Bulluck, Vandebosch, and Hentrich(sp). so untill people realize that some guys need to really step up that get praises who shouldnt, then im goign to express my opinion and bring some people in this forum to a reality

8. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

thanks

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Put me on the list wanting to see more Moore.

He looked good at the practices I saw also. He displayed some "Barry Sanders -like" moves. I believe he has what it takes to be a #2 back somewhere in the league. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening on our squad with two 2nd round RB's taken in the last 2 years.

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

The dude said he caught everything. The fact is, Jones had 5 drops last year. Just because Im not a huge, huge homer like pretty much everyone here doesnt mean Im a Colts fan. Im a diehard Titans fan and I dont need to prove that to anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar