Why VY SUX

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

From MCM:

Pretty nice Post

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. pettso

pettso Starter

I agree with virtually everything said in this post.

3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Why would you want a NFL QB that can't run "quick read, timing patterns and play-action bootlegs"? Face it. VY is dumb as a rock. While that worked for Terry Bradshaw in the 70s its not going to work in the age of Manning/Brady.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I thought it was a well thought out post. One thing the original poster touched on that I think is lost on a lot of us fans is the fact that VY is pretty good at the long ball - particularly when he is scrambling. It seems like when VY is scrambling, he naturally squares his shoulders for the pass, thus making him more accurate.

I can still remember all the deep balls that hit receivers in the hands but the receivers failed to make the catch.

I don't know if VY can be an NFL quarterback but I do know that he can't be one here. Just release him and lets move on. Let some other team try the experiment.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

The Steelers have won 2 with Roethlisberger, who is far from the quick read type quarterback.

The Bears almost won a superbowl with Rex Grossman too who's good at absolutely nothing.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

VY hasn't had his shot. Until then STFU!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

:biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That post actually made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, Vince simply isn't the type of QB for Fisher or Heimerdinger. I don't understand it because the offense was designed around McNair's strengths which were similar was described.

I have to agree that Fisher/Dinger just aren't the types of coaches that are apt to adapt.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

So let me get this straight. We're now throwing Fisher and Heimerdinger under the bus because they put Vince Young, a quarterback, in the game, and expected him to pass the ball?

We want Vince! We want Vince! We want Vince!

You got to see a glimpse of him in the fourth. Wasn't quite the worldbeater you thought he would be, and against a prevent defense. Now you just have to keep the excuse machine rolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar