Why VY SUX

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Correct!!

Let him play before we let him go on to bigger and better things elsewhere. :rolleyes:

2. Titanscash

Titanscash Camp Fodder

The reason VY sux is cause he exceeded all expectations in year 1, once defences had time to adjust to him he regressed in his second year but still made the playoffs. It's not surprising that a guy labelled as a project who was suppose to sit on the bench for a year struggled, but he did so after playing great for a rookie raising all fans expectations. Because he didn't meet those lofty standards, and is an unorthodox QB, he's seen as a hack who can't cut it. Every move he makes gets scrutinized, under a microscope every QB sucks.

He's had 1 good season as a pro and 1 mediocre season(with team success), but since he's a polarizing figure fans expect more from him he is labelled a suck. He has been written off far too early by people who want him to suck. It's very easy to find faults when all your looking for is the bad.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

[HYPOTHETICAL]

"OMG! That guy is such a huge SUCK!"
    "I know! This team hasn't had a suck like that since '72!"
    "Oh yeah, I remember that suck like it was yesterday. Lotta balls dropped that year."
    "Especially the wet ones."
    "Well yeah, but wet balls are hard to hold onto anyway, especially for a suck. Besides, it rained a lot that year."
    "True."

[/HYPOTHETICAL]

I keed. I keed.

[Sifu's maturity level has been docked 40 points. What a suck]

4. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

1st post by Titanscash and makes a very intelligent post. Kudos to you.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I couldnt agree more with this ! A lot of the arguments that I hear/read regarding VY and why he shouldnt see any action are arguments that for the most part can be made for KC..but some have such a hatred for VY it wont even allow them to see it. If people nitpicked at every QB in this league they way many do VY 99% of the league probably sucks ! Lol. Seems as tho many would rather focus on the positive when it comes to KC..and focus on the negative with VY solely to defend their argument as to why they feel he shouldnt play. But as he said..its pretty easy to find the bad when your looking for it

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vy brought that upon himself, even his supporters have to agree with that. I was a huge VY fan. And if he comes in and does well, I will be again, but with his childish acting, refusing to go back in the game, and admitting to considering quitting altogether, he invited the haters.

Hard to have faith in a team leader who acts like that. Manning throws his teammates under the bus at times, but he doesn't act like he doesn't want to play.

But, as I said, if he does well, I'll be behind him 100%. I've got a #10 jersey in the closet collecting dust right now. He's just going to have a very short leash with the fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ok but you see those are all problems with VY the MAN. Which is different than his on the field problems. I too think he has been written off too soon as a player and deserves another chance. As far as his childish antics. I agree, he needs to mature. But don't you think he is improving. Saying all the right things, showing up to offseason workouts earlier than others, studying extra film, backing up kc. And of course the nice thing he did for mac9s kids. Maybe he hasn't proved enough to you to show he is improving as a player, but at least admit he is improving his maturity if that's a problem you have with the guy.

8. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I do blame Dinger for VY's downfall, but Fisher is to blame too for getting rid of Norm Chow and bringing Dinger back because Chow wanted to build a scheme around VY. Fisher never wanted Young to succeed because he never wanted Young in the first place, he wanted to trade down for that guy from Vandy Cutler.

9. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

instead of the why VY sucks thread lets go to the root of the problem and start a I want Mike Shanahan thread

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Right. I never wanted chow fired. He was at least trying to build around vy. He wasn't that good at it but i never wanted him fired so early. Especially for stubborn mike dinger.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar