Why VY SUX

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubleones

Doubleones Palatial Regalia

Really? I had not heard that. Whether or not Vince would be successful aside, that is an interesting notion. I thought Chow left b/c he was just a bad NFL OC?

Additionally, whether it be for looks or what not I don't get why dinger doesn't even try to at least use Vince as a decoy. He's got great athletic ability, don't most OC's try to incorporate that in anyway possible?

I just hate wasting all his talent, whether you think he can be or NFL QB or not, you have to admit he has athletic ability and it sucks the Titans don't have the creativity to incorporate it in some fashion.

I mean Vick came back from a 3(?) year hiatus and the Eagles immediately tried to put him in there even tho he hadn't played a game in 3 effing years. Surely there is something that can be done with Vince then have him sitting on the sidelines pickin' his butt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Vince isn't a wildcat QB. That's why chows schemes sucked. His option was nice but wasn't used often enough, but vy sucks at designed qb runs. He is a imoroviser. Meaning you let him look for his 1st read and if it isn't there then look for a lane. That's what he did all rookie season and had success. As much as i dislike using this phrase, they need to just let Vince be Vince.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I would like to see VY in the Shotgun more often, would definitely be more comfortable for him. I do agree that Fisher really doesn't adapt well, at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. It is ridiculous that we haven't found (or more likely even thought about) SOME way to get a guy with that kind of athleticism and playmaking ability on the field... even if it's only for a few snaps per game. Having VY, CJ and LenDale on the field at the same time sounds like a nightmare for DC's to me. We seem to have the personnel for an excellent wildcat-type package. Not saying it would definitely work out but I don't see why we haven't at least tried it.
    Just another example of the lack of creativity and willingness to adapt present in our coaching staff. Last season made coaching too comfortable and arrogant if you ask me. Seems like Fisher just thought we'd be dominant again just because we were last year. Rookie mistake by a (very) veteran coach.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Lendale is not a big enough threat in a formation like that unless it's near the goal line. One thing i do wanna see more of and call me crazy but throws to sarge. He doesn't fumble and has a very good set of wheels. He'ss basically a more toned, better blocking, fast lendale white.:ha:

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

See, the reason I think he could be successful in that formation is because of VY and CJ. LenDale would most likely get the least attention of the three more often than not. A little trickery and misdirection can go a long way. Plus he would be a decent blocker. Oh well, the discussion is useless anyway. We both know Fish will never do it so we'll never know who is right anyway. :ha:

Oh BTW, I'm a big Hall fan as well. I really feel like we have plenty of talent on offense. That's what makes watching this miserable team week after week so painful.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Oh i get it. The threat of VY and CJ could result in more opportunities for white. Yea that sounds like a great formation. I always thought of a simple I form. with lw at FB. And a run/pitch option. But your right JF wouldn't give these ideas a second glance :rolleyes:

Yea which is why i blame coaching. Theres no way a 13-3 team should go 0-5 the following year. That doesn't come from a lack of talent, it comes from a lack of coaching. While jeff is skydiving into practice, instead he should worry about doing his F-ing job. Coaching this team

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Trade VY for Richard Seymour!

9. pettso

pettso Starter

If there's one franchise I am not jealous of, it's the Raiders. I feel really really bad for their fans.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You'd like to take credit for an intelligent argument...

How is that anything close to what I said? And please, let this "he wasn't ready" bull die.

If you have NFL Rewind like I do, you can see it as many times as you want, and I've already seen it several times. Play happened just like I said it did.

And you're trying to knock my reading comprehension?

Collins is pretty accurate on short to medium throws, and he can really squeeze one in through traffic at times. Nonetheless, he does have the occasional head-scratcher, and his deep ball sucks, bad.

Even so, I don't understand the logic in tearing another player down to somehow make your golden boy look good. "Yeah, my guy sucks, but so does so and so...". Great argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar