Why we are better next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

It has not been as good an offseason as it could have been, but we are still a better team in 2007 than 2006. I am not disappointed that we didnt overpay for mediocre FAs last march, draft a WR in round 1, etc. Quite happy, actually. Picking up Keyshawn or a DE would have been a big help, but oh well. Anyway, to the reasons:

1) Vince Young will be a lot better. No one improves more year-to-year than Vince. Anyone who has followed his progress will agree. It is striking.

2) Travis Henry's impact was overrated. I am sorry to see him go, too, but RBs always look better with Vince at QB. He slows the backside pursuit and gives the DBs hesitation before flowing to the RB. Denver makes RBs look better than they are, too, so i expect a good year from him, but he wont be as hard to replace as people think.

3) Better depth at DB. Losing pacman hurts, at least on the field, but we have a lot more guys at the position this year that are not named Woolfolk. We can sustain injuries and replace poor performers.

4) Better OL play. Our young guys are entering their prime and will be cohesive as a unit.

5) WR losses are overrated. They guys we lost are scrubs. Not sure we have any stars right now, but that is not much of a change.

Bottom line is last year's team overachieved to make it to 8-8. Sure, we lost some close games, but we won some improbable ones, too. I think this team is at least 8-8 in terms of quality.

Thoughts?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Having many guys at one position doesn't make it better if the quality of players decreased. And our quality at DB is seriously lacking.
    But who knows. It'd be an overachieving year again if we went 8-8 IMO, but it could happen.

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

totally disagree. only thing i agree on is bennett and wade being scrubs.

losing a leading rusher and still only having TE as a receiving target hurts.

defense will be about the same, which isn't good.

we'll be below .500 and i predict a top 5 or 10 draft pick.

4. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Not completely sure that is true. You only need one hole to have an open receiver, and if the QB knows what weak DB will allow that hole to open, he'll know where to look first. We might not have anyone good as pacman, but i think/hope that we also wont have anyone as bad as LT and Rey were last year.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I've made a modification in my prediction of 15-1 to 16-0. Let's get our roll on. The season is bringing is together once again.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

As long as we have Vince and Bironas I'll always believe miracles can happen. I'll give you that we ARE deeper at alot of positions but ARE ALSO lacking alot of our playmakers from last year.

7. We have better depth than we did last year. There's no doubt there.

The problem is someone has to step up and replace the starters we have lost (Pacman, Henry,Bennett) and fill the other holes from last year.

The Titans probably deserved to win 6 games in 2006. I don't see any stunning improvements this year, though I'd be glad to be wrong.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Rams are paying a "scrub" 30 million.....interesting. I bet that scrub has over 1000 yards this year.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah he will, not because he is that good though, but because he has one of the best QBs in the league throwing to him. Put Brandon Jones on the Colts, he would be the next Marvin or Reggie Wayne, I guarantee you.

10. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

This comment is awesome on many levels. You don't think Harrison or Wayne are that good? Where's a dumb lolcat picture when I need one.

The Titans have no #1 or #2 WR, no clear #1 RB, an unproven defensive line, no-name LBs, and a completely remixed secondary.

This season is gonna be a disaster, and I just hope VY isn't drug down with it. In a few years, this team could be incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar