Why we HAVE to win it all THIS year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we had a team that could have won it all last year.

but they cant hold on to the ball. lets hope they came out with some new gloves that sticks to the ball.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ sent from my coloring book..

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The Titans have put themselves in a good situation financially where their going to be able to retain a few of those players if they chose and shop for some FA's next season if need be. Even though i do agree that their chances this year are very good at making a run for a SB,i dont necessarily think that the window is going to shut after this season. The Titans have alot of young talent at key positions that are locked up for a few years and are still in very good shape to build around them.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

f that noise, i'm going to live to be over 100 broseph

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

unless jared cook and kenny britt turn out to be all stars within the first half of the season, we have gotten worse as a team... pretty much, we lost the best DT in the league, and picked up a few no name FAs and a #3 WR. combined with a new DC and razor thin depth at CB, and the fact that albert haynesworth isnt gunna be able to take on 2 blockers and make everyone else on the dline's job easier.... we wont be able to hold teams to 6 points and win games 9-6.

i guess if you are a titan homer then cook and britt are sureshots, washington is probowl, our d linemen that struggled to get into the league are actually elite and we wont miss haynesworth, etc etc

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Interesting strategy cotton, lets see if it pays off...

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The article is mainly about bulluck not being a titan next year because we won't give him what he wants. The problem with that is that we can franchise him and keep him one year.

I did not read much about retiring in that article.

I think it is out of bounds to complain about AH given his massive contract demands. Yes we do have a history of letting our star players go at the end of their careers.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i think the titans will be very good this year and have a great shot at the bowl...but i think our core group of young players will be ok in the coming years. granted we wont be as strong as we are now...but we will keep building. but what the hell...titans to the super bowl!!

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I disagree (with the original poster). With our O-line and Chris Johnson we should have a solid running attack for years to come. Michael Griffin, Finnegan, Hope comprise a great secondary that will be around for awhile.

I don't think we are out of contention after this season, or anytime soon really. And as everyone's seen, a team can win a superbowl going in as the last slot in the playoffs.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we had a great shot at the bowl last year, about as good as it gets. but we dropped our balls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar