Why?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Awesome. My dream is to go and watch a Titans game in TN. That is my goal. My wife is ready as well. You guys are so lucky. I always see them here in California, like SF a few weeks ago, but it is not the same. I can't imagine how awesome it would be to be surrounded by Titans. >>>WOW<<<
    Well, My wish list for this year is to have us play San Diego again. We owe them one. I was at the last playoff game 2 years ago. I can't stand charger fans in their territory.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

mark your calender; that will be the most physical game of the season.

old school reborn

3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I became a Titan fan in 99. Grwoing up I had loved watching football with my dad. We weren't really fans of any one particular team. I like the 49ers because of Jerry Rice. But it wasn't a serious sort of fanship mostly because we lived in Alaska. Alaska barely has football and no pro teams to speak of. When we moved down to the lower 48 to Kentucky/Tennessee in 1998 (we have lived in both states since moving down here - Louisville, Ky; Jellico, TN and Williamsurg, Ky.) I fell in love with Tennessee football. I went to a UT game and instantly loved the atmosphere and the National title was sweet and help solidify me as a Vol. Naturally I started watching the Titans/Oilers play too when their name was changed. That first season filled with thrilling victories and dashing defeat also grafted me into a bonified Titan. The superbowl loss was bittersweet. The loss hurt but the season overall gave me sense of pride about the new state for which I lived. I was only in middleschool at the time so changing loyalty from the 49ers to the Titans wasn't hard. And I've never looked back since. Even when we moved to Kentucky (which I only live about 15 min. from the state line) I've kept the state of Tennessee and its football in my soul (and UK sucks). I'm a one team one state loyalist.

4. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

now thats awesome

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nice thread....

I grew up in New York, was born and raised to be a baseball fan/player/whatever. I do love my Yanks. Football was never really brought to my attention as a kid. Anyway, I moved to KY in the later half of the 90s, and remember when the Oilers moved from Houston to Tennessee. My dad and I watched all the games for their first few seasons, and I enjoyed it well enough. I had never really been 'introduced' to football before this point in my life, so I didn't really understand it at the time. Well, that was before the MCM.

I specifically remember sitting in my living room with my dad watching that game. I had never experienced such a swing in raw emotion from an athletic competition on TV. Such anticipation, followed by such despair, following again by pure adrenaline. I still didn't understand that game entirely, but I knew well enough what was going on. I was only 12 years old at the time, and never really understood people diehard allegiance to 'their team' before that day. Well say what you want to about me jumping on ship just because they came to Nashville, but that's how it went down. After following them on that magical season then witnessing the greatest NFL play of all time...well...here I am, 10 years later, posting daily on goTitans.com.

I love the Titans because nothing else in my life can give me the kind of rush I get when I watch them succeed. I jumped around in the middle of the B Dubs I work at like a child on Christmas last week when Vince hit Britt for the game winner. Nothing else that I know of can bring me that kind of rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar