Wide receiver solution

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He was OUR #1, but that doesn't mean he was a #1 receiver. We have never really had anyone really good, like a Rice, Carter, etc.

2. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

2x pro bowler and a first team all pro makes you a true number one I would say

3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

A lot of people go to the probowl that aren't that great. Even VY went in place of McNair. It's more a popularity thing than talent. Many invited don't want to go, so they give their place to someone else. Not saying he wasn't any good, but he made his living catching dirt balls from McNair. Half his catches he was on his knees.

4. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

Hard to argue all pro though

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Mark this down for future reference : the Titans will sign Jaron Brown in the offseason, if he is a free agent. Going after gut instinct - just seems like a name the Titans would go after, not positive or negative just a hunch.

Otherwise - Terrell Pryor is interesting I'd have to see more.

No on Michael Floyd, I have him in fantasy and he's in a contract year and he's still just average. Hasn't fulfilled full potential and that wouldn't change in Tennessee where receivers never flourish.

Kenny Stills is inconsistent as hell. Wheaton has been all hype and no substance. Jackson wouldn't come here. Ginn would just be another year old seems like he's been in the league forever.

So yeah Jaron Brown it is. For no other reason than his name seems like someone the Titans would target, a guy on the boarder line of fans saying "solid pick up" and the other half saying "whoooo?" 50/50

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

That first probowl and all pro selection was as a returner. He was not a number one wide out that consistently drew double coverage. As much as I enjoyed D Mase, he was not a true number one reciever. He was our leading reciever, nothing more...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

True, most of his success came in Baltimore anyway

8. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

I saw his name and I agree with you 100% lol he wouldn't be bad as a #3 with Tajae and someone else

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Samari Rolle.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

He was an all pro returner... 895 yds recieving that year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar