Wildcat in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oh stop it
    just because he can't throw it doesn't mean he couldn't run it

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think that would take a little long to develop... I think a good old fashioned pa fake to Johnson is good... lateral to Gage... but don't have Britt slanting across the field. Have him run more of a flag route. Having a wr chunking one over the middle sounds like a good way to get picked by a MLB or FS.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good point. How about just a WR reverse with Nate Washington?

Or how about Chris Johnson playing WR in shotgun with LenDale in the backfield. I do that in Madden sometimes, lol. Let the burns begin.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

love the reverse...

I'd like to see a flea flicker... love that play...

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would definitely save all sneaky stuff for the playoffs.

[​IMG]

Sneaky, sneaky!

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My dad and I have been saying this for at least the past 6 years.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Flea flicker = Better idea than electricity[​IMG]

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

no...vince would fumble..play would end.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Oh if KFC handed CJ the ball, EVERYBODY on defense would come after him, then when he tosses it back to Collins w/ Gage, Washington and Britt in the defensive backfield...woohoo!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's my take on the Titans offense; they're a team that likes to strategically play on offense, and win games on the defensive side of the ball. Whether that means rushing 50 times and passing 12 times, this offense doesn't 'reach' for big plays to win. An offset I-form play-action counter pass to FB-Hall isn't going to get it done much longer as our 'Home run hitter'. Adding in the 'Wildcat' formation has also been an idea I've kicked around but with our college offensive system could they pull off a complicated set of plays? I feel that Vince sitting on the bench is stupid. "Make the most of your players Fisher"! Miami did just that (maximizing their talent) last season, and beat out the Patriots for the division. Chris Johnson we know is a two position kind of guy as well as Bo Scaife, but who else is truly capable to line up outside their normal spot? Justine Gage as a thrower is always something we could use, but how can that be disguised and optimized on? Perhaps some type of reverse to Gage with Vince at QB might work, but that complicates an already odd offense. Kerry Collins is the Titans QB not for razzle dazzle plays, he's there to keep it simple. An aged veteran mentally there could figure out the 'Wildcat' but that puts him in foreign waters. Vince is our QB in any Wildcat formation. I don't see Tennessee running the Wildcat per say, but perhaps changing it up outside the norm is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar