Wildcat in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If Vince Young was that effective he would be the starter, period. How does it look when you don't dance with who brung 'ya?

Having a back who gets a lot of goal to go opportunities is different than changing signal callers altogether. What happens when VY's rz offense settles for three... or Vince Young just takes a sack? Or throws a stupid int? It makes Fisher look like a moron and causes leadership and chemistry issues.

Defenses can adapt easily to Vince's one read and run m.o. Vince Young is not money.

2. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

That makes no sense. If we're on the 3 yard line, we should just run the ball up the middle or to the outside. Our O line is outstanding and we can physically impose our will on other teams. Don't give VY the opportunity to turn the ball over via pass or fumble, or lose 7 yards getting sacked.

Actually, QBs have to be much more accurate in the RZ, something VY is not good at. Also, making fast and smart decisions is another must inside the 20.

Edit) like sec 330 said, teams are all over VY's one read and scramble.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

VY is 19-10 as a starter. He struggled, he doesn't suck by any means though. And the reason he would be PROFOUNDLY effective in a WC is because it isn't a regular offense, its an offense based on trick plays and misdirection. VY is the prototypical WC QB, if there is such a thing, and our offense would have the most 'dynamic' wild cat in the league if we decided to use it. It isn't a BS gimmick, its an effective gimmick, and if used correctly and at the right time, I'm convinced that it could provide us with explosive plays

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have to agree with you there. It was fun all those times knowing Lendale wasn't going to be stopped! :yes: Serious in-your-face moments!

Well if Vince sucks at what I was suggesting then you stop using him in the redzone formations.

In the VY trickery formation I suggest, I think Fisher/Heimi would have to be careful not to use pass patterns that could result in pick 6. VY would have to know to throw it away verse throwing it in coverage, throwing would only be an option when a WR is nearly wide open or at least has several steps on the defender.

What I really like is the idea of a LB looking in the backfield and seeing CJ, LW, and VY. Does he prepare for LW up the middle? or CJ on a pitch outside? Or does VY keep it and scramble the other direction?

answered above.

If we are at the 3 yard line, or the 1 yard line... yeah pretty much true. But what about 1st and goal from the 8. There's a time we could use some serious misdirection.

5. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

:ha: next you might want to tell middle eastern countries to "just talk about it" from now on.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. Vince Young just wins, right? Please.
    :ha:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Vince Young is just the next Drew Bennett, Chris Brown or Pacman Jones. He isn't going to show us all. He is not ever going to make $#!* for anyone.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i seen a wildcat in my yard last night.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

thats because he is a winner...like lebron. hahahahah :grrhee:p

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wild-Cat = high school football.

No thanks. We're better than that. It's ok for a team that everyone expects to suck to do it (miami), because they have nothing to lose. Kind of like when we onside kicked to the Colts three (i think?) times in a row. We weren't expected to win, so it was acceptable. A no-loss gamble.

That's what the wild cat is for. Teams that can't just line up and play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar