Will Eddie George ever make it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

if he wore black and gold instead of two-toned blue then maybe, hes a boarderline candidate (sort of a short career) due to his running style.

watch him go as a cowboy if he does though heh that would suck. Eddie is the man though, sadly probably wont happen though and to think hes been our best player next to McNair the last decades + and both will most likely fall just short.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Cue Vince McMahon's theme song:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As much as I hate to say it, even though I think EG was a much better running back, you are right to a degree.

R. Williams has a better shot of getting in just because he was much higher profile.

Eddie may be my favorite player of all time, I think Eddie played in the wrong generation, on top of not having a ring, he is not going to get in.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IIRC EG did get the first down

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea but that play gave that offense a spark. Not often did you see Eddie react like that. Sure, R. Lewis got planted, but seeing Eddie get up and basically just re shove it down his throat is what made that play so powerful.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

True.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think that really just sums it up though.

If you could measure those impact type plays and just how much of Eddie George's abilities translated into wins for Tennessee during his tenure here, you would put him in the HoF.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It sure was fun having a power running back. Everyone in the stadium, players coaches & fans alike, all knew exactly what was comming and there was nothing at all the D could do too stop it.

If only fishface would have allowed McMVP too occasionally get that 1 more score to ice a game early instead of relying on Col. Klank to win the games ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar