Will Fisher get Fired Monday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

what does more losses than wins in the post season make you??

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

choker

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Huh?

...Hood hasn't played all season, so forgive me for speaking of the short time he has. Lendale hasn't played much at all this season, so uhhh.....

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Winning the last 8 of 10 save Fishers job but the problem is we had Superbowl expectations this year. I'm not happy about going 8-8. Fisher is part of the reason we go 8-8 and we reward him for salvaging a season we all thought we would win at least 11 games in? That makes no sense. That would be like going to a really really nice restaurant and the chief comes out and says "Well I accidentally ruined your dinner but I called this good pizza place so here's a pizza for you and not steak and lobster." Sure the pizza is nice but when you were expecting steak and lobster it sucks!

5. Deuce Wayne

Yep. This is what Fisher has always done. Underachieved and then saves his job with something insignificant, but an improvement. Over...and over...and over...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw quite a bit of the 0-6 start I can blame on Fisher. I see very little of the 8-2 finish I can give Fisher credit.

I think this is clearly one of his worse seasons as a coach. But I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed. Coaches contracts, unlike player contracts, are guranteed $$$. No way BA pulls the trigger and hands JF $20m, or whatever it would be.

8. amy

amy Starter

"Do you honestly think he wouldn't have a different mindset if Peyton Manning was the Titans QB?
    Fisher's best players have always played on defense or RB, TE. He's never had a prolific QB or WR and who knows, maybe he had plans to change that when McNair left but the owner made that decision for him."

Do you think Manning would be the QB he is if he had played for Fisher? I don't.
    Why has he always had the philosophy that the defense can always win the games? He obviously does because he has yet to provide a QB with the tools needed to get the job done. As far as I'm concerned, 15 years of a little more than breaking even is not a grand achievement. It's average. Average does not win SBs.

9. Finnerception

Finnerception Camp Fodder

Fish is a good coach, we should NOT fire him. The problem is that we didnt address the CB position in the offseason. If we kept King/Carr, drafted a decent cb or signed a decent cb we would have had 1-2 more wins. We all knew before the season that Harper was on the decline and we didn't put any reliabe cb's on the roster to help incase his play completly fell off or incase of injury. Adding Faggins and drafting two project cbs was a big mistake, Faggins was washed up and neither cb was ready to contribute this season. Atleast this season something will have to be done to address this position.

10. Deuce Wayne

Problem is... according to Fisher, Nick Harper should be in the pro bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar