Will Fisher get Fired Monday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Yes that is what they are saying. 90% of all human beings think like this and are cowards so to speak. They always want to stick in the waters they know, scared to take the road less travelled. Though i would understand this in a real life situation where peoples lives are concerned, i dont see the logic behind this when it comes to football..

Whats the worst that could happen? lose our first 6 games in a row?

Actually at this point, i dont even understand the logic of any titans fan arguing for fisher to stay, other than blind allegiance or personal gain in his tenure as coach.

Actually i do have friends who want fisher to stay. But their arguments are completely baseless nonsense regarding how close Bud adams is to fisher or some other crud along those lines. I just grit my teeth when i hear that garbage.:grrr:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Zorn acts like a scared little mouse in front of the media. If he just took some lessons on how to talk to the media he would have had a fighting chance. Not that he deserves it, but he did not air any confidence whatsoever.

Fisher is more like a politician, but you can see it, and it's getting old. The fair play answers are not enough any more. And he must know it. He has to change and deliver.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If the team is going to stick with Vince for another 5+ years, we need to fire Fisher. He doesn't utilize the talents that Vince does have, and puts him in a spot where he needs to be a pocket passer which is not his strength. I love Fisher, but you need players that fit a coaches style, and ours couldn't be further from a match.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Help me understand where you are coming from.

I'm seeing Young out-of-the-pocket multiple times a game. I see him on designed running plays. His biggest production with his legs is when he runs from the pocket because the defense can't anticipate it.

What would you have Dinger do to make Young better?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I agree with Jeff. It's a myth that the team isn't utilizing Young correctly. Fisher and Dinger are calling the option play several times a game, for pete's sake. How many coaches in the league would do that?

Fisher and Young are on the exact same page and it makes me very optimistic for the future.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You sure are something else...quite pathetic really.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would 6 games determine the fate of a coach who has 15 years of service to this team? You have to look at the big picture like our 2 playoff appearances in the previous 2 years and the 8-2 finish.

Gloat-Duece is his normal delusional self by complaining that fisher barely has a WINNING record. But he has a winning record that is the point. If he sucks so bad as a coach why the winning record?

Fisher was not fired after going 17-31 over 3 years so why would he get fired after going 31-17 the last 3 years?

Jeff Fisher's job isn't to entertain people it is to win ball games and in the last 3 years he has won 64% of his games.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nice rational commentary. I'm surprised espn has not made an offer.:rolleyes:

Jeff fisher never said that harper was a pro bowl player he simply believed he was better than anyone else we had.

You have no valid evidence what so ever that jeff fisher is less than an average coach. He may not be any more than just average but the attacks on his coaching are moronic.

The only reason to fire jeff fisher is if MR and Bud Adams decide that fisher's heart is not in his job and he is only giving a half baked effort. There have been times when that was the case like in 2005 but this year i don't see that. I think we are going to be damn good in 2010 and i want to stay with what i know.

9. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

welp... monday passed
    here's hoping tuesday is the day :yes:

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Did you even watch the games? Vince played well out of the pocket and engineered that winning drive against the cards from the pocket. An nfl QB has to play in the pocket. If you charted all of vince's passing plays this season there was a nice mix of pass plays both in the pocket and roll outs and bootlegs.

Jeff fisher does not design the offense and he calls few plays. That's dinger's job. So fire dinger then?

People love dinger, washburn and munchack. Who hired them? Who hired earnest byner for RBs coach?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar