Will history repeat with LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by User Name, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

:yes: Before I start just wanted to say I'm in the AirForce stationed in Turkey, there is nothing to do right now, and I am bored.<- (Explains my post)....... I was looking at Titans player stats and noticed how similar the Titans used Chris Brown and LenDale White their rookie seasons. Its almost identical.

Chris Brown Rookie season #'s where

Gam - GS - ATT - YDS - AVG - LG
    11 - 0 - 56 - 221 - 3.9 - 28

LenDale White Rookie season #'s where

Gam - GS - ATT - YDS - AVG - LG
    13 - 0 - 61 - 224 - 4.0 - 26

Barring the injury bug Brown still had a break out season the next year statistically breaking 1000 yds in only 11 games played and averaging 4.9 a pop. Personally I think our line is better at run blocking now than it was then with Bell no longer being a rookie and having more experience, Roos replacing the aging Hoppy, Stewart/ da Mauler taking over for Drop Dead Fred Miller, and Mawae instead of Hartwig. If I'm not mistaking the #2 back was Robert Holcombe. I'm sure we can bring in a better vet than that through FA or the draft. Also the fullback position was upgraded with Hall over Fleming. Skill wise LenDale has the edge if not why would they chose him as the future franchise back. I think if he matures and is in shape the way the coaches anticipate(which he will) LenDale will have a huge year. Holla Back

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Lendale = Krispy Kreme chocolate covered cruller.....Bah!

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lendale White is beast, Brown never was, i didnt even like him as a rookie

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

What have you seen about lendale as an NFL pro to make him a beast?

I'm not against lendale, as a matter of fact i'm really happy we have him on our roster and am looking forward to seeing him start next season; yet i'd still like to know why anyone would label a rookie who touched the ball about 60 times for a 4.0 avg a 'beast'. :suspect:

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Possibly it was in reference to his size? If the guy did not have talent I do not think Chow would have let us take him. I'm excited to see what he can do next season.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

LenDale was a beast in college. We are hoping, praying, he will be just as effective as a pro. I wasn't too impressed with his rookie year, but Travis overwhelmed everyone and got most of the carries. LenDale also had to compete with Chris for carries part way through the season.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Ooooh. By the way, keep safe and hurry home.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Another similarity between Brown and LW is they both have injury issues.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Are we forgetting Brown had a better last year in college than White?

Brown only rushed for 1900 yards and a 6 ypc in 2002 & 19 TDs.

LenDale had more TDs and a higher ypc, but comparing USC's offense to Colorado's is just plain wrong.

LenDale seems to be pretty gifted, but it's extremely hard to determine how he will do in the pros because you can't tell whether or not his production came from the system or from his skills.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Brown got the ball more which could explain the better season. just a thought. I would take a guy with more td's and ypc because LW was on pace to do better ovr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar