Will Johnson break Faulk and/or Dickerson's record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 15, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, will break both records

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Will break Faulks only

48 vote(s)
    71.6%
  3. No

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason I'm not seeing the 2000 yard mark as much of a challenge for C.J. is because while he hasn't hit 125 lately, he's getting over a hundred while being contained. If he's only good for just above 100 when he's having a bad game, what happens when he has another 3 bad games plus 1 or 2 runs over 11 yards. He'll hit that 2000 easier than some think.

2. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Faulk's record is going down due to the receiving yards CJ gets and the way defenses are keying on him which will still allow the receiving yards. Dickerson's record, not likely...

3. iQon

iQon Starter

Told you guys not to pay attention to rush defense ranks, too much. It's got him nowhere because teams don't respect Vince arm. They're more concerned with stopping Vince and CJ on the ground. 29 carries (26 for those in denial) for 104 yards is good for a back, but not Chris.

I see the Chiefs are pretty generous though. Two 100+ yard punt returns for Cribbs (draft Phillip Livas) and their back ran for 286 yards. :ha: Looks like we should have swapped our AFC West matchup with San Diego last year and KC this year. :hmm:

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With each passing game CJ2K seems farther from 2000 than the week before. Of course that's not really true, but with 3 games 125 a game looked better than 2 games needing 135. What will it be week 17? I don't know that he'll get it after all. I want him to, but these last few games he's been thrown off track too much. Now with everyone at 7-7, we need to focus on winning and not just getting C.J. 2000 yards rushing. He might have another chip on his shoulder for 2010. I mean 2009 he came in pissed he wasn't Rookie of the Year, and has been unstoppable. Maybe were better off in the long run if he misses 2000 by 50 or so yards. I'm just saying.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I actually think Jeff Fisher doesn't want him to get to 2000 yards.

He's definitely not running plays that give him a chance, that's for sure.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

At this point, it seems like Faulk's record is the best we can hope for.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

The Seahawks matchup is favourable, but we will be scrapping for every yard we can get against the Chargers. Johnson's stats will take a serious hit, but I feel as though Faulk's record will still be within reach - especially if we lose vs. the Chargers. Then what else do we have to play for? Titans dead in the playoff hunt = CJ is priority #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar