Will Leinart pull an Elway/Manning?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yeah, it gets harder then. A lot of corporate sponsership left. But I hope they do well and stay in NO. It's a great place that needs to revive, and having an NFL team only helps. They supported the Saints for a long time while they were losing a lot of games.

The Saints are important to that city, and the future of it. I hope they can endure there. I gotta believe they will.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Now back to the Leinart discussion.....assuming the Saints will be in the Chocolate City.

3. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

:ha:
    Make that the ONCE chocolate city...

I don't think Leinert would pull a "Eli" because he doesn't have a "Archie".

but who knows...

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

It would be interesting. I am going to be suprised about the draft anyways. I think Houston is going to shock us all and go somewhere else besides to the BUSH!

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

My point is that players dont dictate whether or not a team drafts them. Besides, I have heard nothing from Leinart indicating that he doesnt want to play for the Saints.

6. So we're saying here that Leinart wants to come to the Titans?, if he's not going to the Saints.
    For me, the only problem with Leinart, is the fact that he's a lefty and we'll need a top quality RT which is rare in thw NFL Market, arm strength is not a weakness in my opinion

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

But they can, and have dictated were they end up...or don't end up. That was the point, but thanks for the lesson in hair splitting.

To your second "point"...it's early. I wouldn't expect to hear anything from camp Leinart until after his pro day, when the behind the scenes negotiating heats up.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think Leinert will refuse to play for the Saints. Just my feeling, same as those who think he might refuse to.
    Elway and Eli are the only two I can remember that ever did that before.

New Orleans is going to come back, better than ever.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You need to remember that Eli didn't force San Diego to trade him, rather San Diego suckered the Giants into a great deal. San Diego had Rivers rated about as high as Eli, so they got what they wanted and then some.

Had Eli been the sole elite prospect in that draft he would be riding the bench in San Diego right now, or he would have had to go through another draft.

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Eli said he wouldnt sign with SD. Why would you want a player who doesnt want to play for you on your team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar