Will Mularkey Take Responsibility for Missing 3rd Down Stop at The End?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I watched his post-game presser, and his only comments on the sequence was "they moved the pile and kept converting, did a good job of managing the clock at the end". From what I've seen, he has yet to address the huge miss by him and his coaching staff to challenge the 3rd down spot and get the ball back with 2:31 left, rather than 30 seconds left. Has anyone seen him address this in any way, yet?

I've always been a "give him a chance" guy, but it's hard to argue incompetence when they miss an obvious call with the game on the line. It's even harder to do so when he won't acknowledge the mistake and take responsibility for it.

[​IMG]

I've got NFL Sunday Ticket specifically to follow the team, but with this team being fielded by a coaching staff that is not only inept but also in denial, I'm not sure how much more NFL football I'll be following this season. I might lurk around here just to keep up with the team's regression from time to time, but I can't imagine giving up 1/7th of my life over the next few months to watching an inept coaching staff literally give up on a 1-possession game with 2:31 left. It's just unacceptable.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cant let your spirits get crushed by any single Mularkey mistake.

Overall he's sort of got things on the right track when he has a QB worth a damn..

Im not gonna let yesterdays loss ruin the entire season for me... A lot changes week to week in this league to give up so easily. We're 2-3 and right in the middle of the race...

We have a wounded Colts team coming to town on MNF, lets make this a good week for Titan fans...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Mularkey is a stop gap. We're better than we were before him, but he'll never get us over the hump. He's a decent coach when he has the tools he needs/wants. When he doesn't he cannot adjust.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. RealestWhiteBoy

From TitansOnline.com, Mularkey addressing his decision not to challenge the spot with 2:31 left:
    (How come you didn’t challenge the spot on the late run still outside of two minutes and seemed to be short? RB Jay Ajayi and third down, I think.) – “I don’t think … Di I have any timeouts left? I didn’t have any timeouts left.”

You didn't have a timeout to challenge at 2:31, but you found one to call timeout 25 seconds later at 2:06? At least we now know that he didn't give up on the team ... he's just truly incompetent and unaware.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Our coaching staff is garbage. Leadership throughout the organization is questionable at best. The only bright spot that I would point toward in our leadership is J Robinson. He has made more moves for the better for this team since he took the reigns as GM than we've had in a very long time. Having said that, the backup QB situation is certainly a black eye on his achievements so far, but I am certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. I've said it before, we are wasting what talent we have on this roster right now, with mediocre at best coaching on the sidelines. We are five games in and while we have won a couple of those games, I have seen essentially zero energy and excitement from our players on the field. Especially in the first half of every game. There is no fire, they seem to be just going through the motions. That is a lack of leadership. Not to mention the extreme lack of discipline, we dig ourselves into so many holes with constant stupid pointless penalties. That is a lack of discipline. Again, that all stems from a lack of leadership on the sidelines. Mularkey seems incapable of inspiring, motivating, and for lack of a better term, lighting a fire under these players asses on game day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

JRob negative or questionable moves starting to outweigh the positive moves.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RealestWhiteBoy

Unfortunately: Colts are going to destroy out defense with a QB their 3rd string QB. Their wounded defense will kill out wounded left side all game long. Chances are we may finally get to see what Weeden has left. Colts easily win the game.

Re-watching the game, it's impossible to not get your spirits broken by this coaching staff. The offensive PI call drew zero reaction from Mularkey. He should've been had to been physically restrained by his assistant coaches there. Then, 2 plays later, the refs rule that the Dolphins can return incomplete passes for TDs today, and his reaction is little more than a shoulder shrug. Then the decision to not challenge the 3rd down spot at the end with the game on the line. It's a joke. I have infinite confidence in this roster, but they'll never go past 8-8, because they don't have a coaching staff that gives a damn. 9-7 was an unlikely, over-achieving, dream season under these guys, and we won't be seeing again ... this from a Mularkey supporter that truely believe this was an 11 or 12 win season.

Dolphins, Colts, Browns, Ravens, Bengals ... there's no reason we shouldn't be 7-2 going into Pittsburgh. Now, I'm thinking 4-5 may too much to ask. :biglaugh:

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I'm going to try and take heed to this. It's strange after 30 years of being an Oiler/Titans fan , I've never felt like I was fed up to the point of indifference . Last year's Jags loss made me sick but that 57-14 loss to the Texans made me not watch the Dolphin game , it's like I was numb , that had never happened to me. It's like when you've been fooled too many times lol.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

As long as we stay around or at 500 all year I think we'll be ok...

Winning another AFCS game will go a long ways..

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Ive been there in 2012 and 2015 so I cant blame anyone for skipping a game, but we have a fun team (most weeks) to watch again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar