Will Somebody Please Make Kerry Collins accountable

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DESTRO90, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys who are against playing Vince have to realize it is very difficult to bring it all together late in a game during garbage time. Any QB at any level would have a tough time getting in a groove at that point coming in cold with little to no in week practice. This group needs to literally throw away the game plane, and start from scratch. They have 2 weeks to get ready for a familiar opponent. If they stick with Kerry then OMFG! But I'll deal with it just as long as he's not the focal point of the offense the way he has been the last 6 games. That's how the offense was able to go 9 straight games last year with him starting.

If it was up to me I would scratch the game plan and build the offense around the running QB - Vince Young. Make every play a possible run with him. I've stated my idea several times in various threads, so no reason to lay down 3-4 paragraphs re-explaining it here, but that's what I say needs to be done. Forget getting any defensive help. Turn it into a game for VY.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Garbage time is called garbage time for a reason, and no, it's not difficult for most QB's to make something out of garbage time. The excuses are unreal. Nonetheless, it's time for Vince to get in the game. If he IS the future here, he needs LOTS of development. We have a garbage season on our hands, and a decent, not good but better than what we've had, WR core. Perfect opportunity. On the other hand, we're already cruising toward a top three pick. Might as well make sure we don't want to go in a different direction entirely at QB. So again, time to see Young in the game. If he can minimize turnovers (yeah right) and at least manage the game by season's end, we might be able to draft defense.

One thing I will say that Young has had going for him is luck. He takes the starting position away from Collins his rookie season. One week after his first start, we lose Piller (weakest link on the line at that time) to injury, forcing the coaching staff to re-tool the O-Line. O-Line is re-tooled, Vince has protection, and Travis Henry looks like a probowler again. Hey, if he can bring luck to the table, I would take it. This team is bad, but we've had a LOT of bad breaks as well in the last six weeks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't think anyone is against playing VY for the remainder of the year, but the "Kerry Collins needs to be accountable, etc" threads putting all the blame on him are ridiculous as well.

4. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

\

you know, i read this and until just now had totally forgot about it... i guess the excitment of us winning again (at the time)...

but lookin back now, its a PERFECT example of how fisher isnt really that good of a coach. it took an injury to our weak link for him to make any adjustments. a good coach would have seen the problem by then and made the moves to fix it.... his hand was forced and then he made the moves. hell kinda like his hand was forced to even play vy at that point, i wouldnt be a bit suprised if collins woulda stayed in the entire season had bud not MADE fisher change em out. kinda funny, we've come full circle and i dont imagine fisher will make the change till bud forces him too... :rolleyes:

5. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Say what you want about Fisher but he treats his players 10x better than that a hole over in New England. I heard on sirius radio yesterday he met with the d-lineman who was traded to the Raiders this year for 30 seconds. Hey your traded, thats business ok see ya. Thats horrible, no matter what business moves you make, you should be classy and treat people with respect. Last time I checked Fisher makes an attempt to visit every single player who is hurt on the field, cant recall many coaches who run out their before the medical staff. And big Al should realize that since he was hurt every other down for most of his career. Maybe its time for Fisher to get out of town, but I still will always have a lot of respect for the guy.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know he only threw the ball 13 times, right? he and collins combined to throw 15 passes. both teams ran the ball to end the game faster.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

kerry collins is gay and guess who likes yes JEFF FISHER go get marry and leave us titans fan's alone you both suck.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It is a business. And as someone with such an authority figure, you don't want to be perceived as being the players "Friend", you need to be their boss and they have to have some sort of respect for you out of fear for their own security. Fisher is too nice, and his players are mirroring him being "soft".

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Kerry deserves SOME blame for his faults as a QB. The receivers deserve some. Fish deserves some of the rest because these guys haven't been prepped to catch a wet ball. The O Line deserves some blame because they've dropped off considerably well and forces bad passes and runs, and I considered them All Pro across the board.

Unacceptable football for such a talented team. Eliminating Collins might give a spark, but it's only a patch. We need more reliable receivers and more disciplined line play.

But ultimately, the D needs the biggest makeover because the O gives us no chance to do anything when they have to match so many points every week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar